cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-WL55JC Latency

thelankanguy
Associate

Hello

I have two STM Nucleo-WL55JC2 boards. I have tried running the SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example and it works flawlessly. 

When observed using TeraTerm, I am only able to see the RSSI and the SNR values. 

I also need to observe the latency of this communication (The time taken for the transmitted message to be received). 

Kindly guide me through on how I could modify the SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example in order to observe this. 

I am using STM32CubeIDE.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @thelankanguy and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The time taken for the transmitted message to be received depends on different characteristics (distance, TX power, ...). So, it is no easy to calculate or even estimate this Value. if you want to do such think, I suggest you use one of the on-air time calculators on the internet or try to implement a local algorithm such as Time of flight.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @thelankanguy and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The time taken for the transmitted message to be received depends on different characteristics (distance, TX power, ...). So, it is no easy to calculate or even estimate this Value. if you want to do such think, I suggest you use one of the on-air time calculators on the internet or try to implement a local algorithm such as Time of flight.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thelankanguy
Associate

Hello @STTwo-32

Thank you for your reply. 

Was wondering if it is possible to measure the time on one just one board. 

As an example, if I could measure the time for one round trip. 

Transmitter sends a msg to the receiver and the receiver sends one back to the transmitter - Measuring this time on the transmitter. 

Thank You

You can do this but is going to be hard. You have to calculate the Time between the Poll and the replay as described here:

STTwo32_0-1703844869499.jpeg

You may can use timer to calculate the Tloop and another one to calculate Treplay (and send it on the response message to the initiator). Then calculate the time of flight (TOF).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32