Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not works BLE in STM32WB on a custom PCB board? How to check where is problem

IRakh.1
Associate III

0693W00000Y7ewoQAB.bmpSTM32 - STM32WB55CGU6

Antenna - 2450AT18B100E

Filter - MLPF-WB-01E3

Hello everyone, please help me fix the problem with my custom PCB board and BLE. The antenna on the board won’t work (I don't see my device via Bluetooth) in any way and I don’t know where to look, can anyone implement Bluetooth via filter MLPF-WB-01E3 and antenna 2450AT18B100E on STM32WB? I suspect that there is a problem with the board since I run similar code on Nucleo and I can see the device through my phone but I can't see the device through my phone Does anyone know how to check where the error is, and to check if I designed the board correctly?

6 REPLIES 6
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can have a look to the application note AN5378 which describe the bring-up procedure for STM32WB series.

Is the HSE crystal delivering the correct frequency = 32 MHz with max 50 ppm?

Best Regards

Javier1
Principal

there is a lot of people having trouble with the binary running the radio M0+core.

Have you tried to update that binary to the latest version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRn08tdRPUU

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Hi Javier, thank you so much for your participation. To be honest, not sure that it is necessary, because my code in Nucleo STM32WB is working, but it is not working on the custom PCB board, or am I wrong?

Hi, thank you so much for your response, my oscilloscope is only for 2 MHz, do you know how I can test my HSE crystal?

Eesys.1
Associate

If everything else are OK, Even without assembling the filter, you should see the advertising packets on the BLE app. Just set the tx power to max (6dbm = 0x1f).

Assembling the filter part is very challanging. Make sure that all 6 pins of the filter are connected to the boaed.

AAlfe.1
Associate

Hello!

Im having the same problem: the code is working perfectly on the nucleo but the bluetooth on my custom board doesn't work.

What's the possible reasons?