cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to disable receiving window of L072Z LRWAN1.

Yash_want
Associate II

Hello everyone

I'm trying to using/operate L072Z LRWAN1 in class c. I'm able to know that node is operating in class c( I'm attaching images below). But i want to disable the receiving window to get faster data rate. 

In class A I'm getting 20 frames per minute at SF7. when i try switching to class C number of frames per minute switched to 12 per minute. As the number of frames are reducing the data rate is also decreasing. Hence i want to disable the receiving window to get faster data rate

I have done these changes: 

#define LORAWAN_DEFAULT_CLASS CLASS_A to

#define LORAWAN_DEFAULT_CLASS CLASS_C

Is there any other settings to do to operate in class C?

IMG_Class A.jpg.This image is of terminal In class A.

IMG_class C.jpg

This is the terminal image of Class C.

Class C doc.jpg

This image show the Tx and Rx sequence in Class C and it matches with terminal image for class C.

Not able to understand the sequence. Why after Tx, RxC,Rx1,RxC,Rx2 then RxC?

Looking for any suggestion that can be helpful.

I'm not able to proceed further. Looking for you guidance and help.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

How to take proper screenshots:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

Although, as those screens are all just text, it might be better to copy & paste the text - using the source code button:

AndrewNeil_0-1712244972428.png

The timing of LoRaWAN Tx & Rx is defined by the standards - so try looking into them, and standard LoRaWAN tutorials

https://lora-alliance.org/about-lorawan/

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Does disabling receive in Class C make any sense?

🤔

The definition of Class C says:

"Class C – Lowest latency, bi-directional end-devices:

In addition to the class A structure of uplink followed by two downlink windows, class C further reduces latency on the downlink by keeping the receiver of the end-device open at all times that the device is not transmitting (half duplex). Based on this, the network server can initiate a downlink transmission at any time on the assumption that the end-device receiver is open, so no latency."

https://lora-alliance.org/about-lorawan/ 

Disabling the end-device receive is going to break that!

@Yash_want wrote:

i want to disable the receiving window to get faster data rate. 

If you need fast data rates, LoRaWAN is probably not the right tool for your job!

The goal of LoRaWAN, as the name suggests, is to achieve low power - it is accepted that this means you will not get high data rates!

Perhaps you want LoRaPTP not LoRaWAN ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Andrew Neil Thank you for the response.

1) I want to disable receiving window, So that my node does not have to wait for downlink from gateway and node will continuous send packet(Tx).

2) Higher data rate means higher then Class A. When i operate in Class A I'm getting 20 frames per minute at SF7.

When i operate at Class C i only get 12 frames per minute at SF7.

Class A mechanism : Tx->Rx1->Rx2 then next frame. Were as Class C mechanism: Tx->Rxc->Rx1->Rxc->Rx2->Rxc and this is taking more time then class A. hence i want to disable Rxc and Rx receiving windows.

Application: I'm trying to connect 5 number of WL55JC1 nodes to single outdoor gateway. And I'm trying to achieve data rate as high as possible with class C or Class B. As I'm going for multicast.  

I'm look for some help who has good information on lorawan. Can you suggest me any person with whom i can talk and get any help.

Class C doc.jpg

@Tesla DeLorean I'll buy you a coffee

please help me with these:

1) I want to disable receiving window, So that my node does not have to wait for downlink from gateway and node will continuous send packet(Tx).

2) Higher data rate means higher then Class A. When i operate in Class A I'm getting 20 frames per minute at SF7.

Class A mechanism : Tx->Rx1->Rx2 then next frame. Were as Class C mechanism: Tx->Rxc->Rx1->Rxc->Rx2->Rxc and this is taking more time then class A. hence i want to disable Rxc and Rx receiving windows.

Application: I'm trying to connect 5 number of WL55JC1 nodes to single outdoor gateway. And I'm trying to achieve data rate as high as possible with class C or Class B. As I'm going for multicast. 

If I'm wrong at any point please let me know. 

I'm look for some help who has good information on lorawan. Can you suggest me any person with whom i can talk and get any help.

Yash_want_0-1712314510703.jpeg

@Yash_want wrote:

@Andrew Neil Thank you for the response.

But, again, that breaks the specification for Class C!

@Yash_want wrote:

So use Class A, then?

Can you increase the Bandwidth? See: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/lorawan/spreading-factors/ 

everyone can see every post - you don't need to post the same thing twice!

@Andrew Neil Indian region(IN865) allow maximum bandwidth of125khz.

I'll just brief about what I'm looking for: I'm trying to connect 5 number of nodes to single gateway and the range between these node and gateway will be 1km. I have tried Class A and C. Class A is giving me 20 frames per minute at SF7. Class C is giving me 12 frames per minute at SF7. I'm looking to work on Class B as well.

I'm confuse about these: Which Class provides highest data rate among A,B,C?

And according to my application which Class will be suitable as of your information?

Thank you