cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing macro COPY_UUID_128 after changing UUID in CubeMX

Remyhx
Associate II

Hi,

When creating a custom template BLE app in CubeMX everything works fine while not changing the UUID of service1, it builds and compiles well. But if I change the UUID to my own UUID (with UUID 128 input type to full), after generating the new code an error pops up: undefined reference to `COPY_UUID_128'

It appears the macro COPY_UUID_128 is missing now, after I add it myself in the USER CODE area, it compiles again (custom_stm.c):

#define COPY_UUID_128(uuid_struct, uuid_15, uuid_14, uuid_13, uuid_12, uuid_11, uuid_10, uuid_9, uuid_8, uuid_7, uuid_6, uuid_5, uuid_4, uuid_3, uuid_2, uuid_1, uuid_0) \
do {\
uuid_struct[0] = uuid_0; uuid_struct[1] = uuid_1; uuid_struct[2] = uuid_2; uuid_struct[3] = uuid_3; \
uuid_struct[4] = uuid_4; uuid_struct[5] = uuid_5; uuid_struct[6] = uuid_6; uuid_struct[7] = uuid_7; \
uuid_struct[8] = uuid_8; uuid_struct[9] = uuid_9; uuid_struct[10] = uuid_10; uuid_struct[11] = uuid_11; \
uuid_struct[12] = uuid_12; uuid_struct[13] = uuid_13; uuid_struct[14] = uuid_14; uuid_struct[15] = uuid_15; \
}while(0)

Used version of CubeMX is 6.11.0 on the Mac, VSCode with STM extension, firmware 1.19.0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Remyhx @thealbertdev 

Thank you so much for reporting this. I've reported this to the concerned team for correction on the coming releases after being able to reproduce it (under internal ticket number 181812).

Best Regard.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Remyhx 

Could you send your original .ioc file and what are the modifications that you have done to have this error.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@STTwo-32 I did as you asked: when I changed the UUID 128 input type from reduced to full and enter the new UUID, generate the code files, it generates in custom_stm.c the correct UUID's... but without the macro COPY_UUID_128. If I copy this macro before the change and paste it in USER CODE, it will work. If I change the UUID 128 input type again back to reduced, it will put the macro back in.

The Links to the 'old' ioc and 'new' ioc: Google Drive 

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 18.20.07.png

Image for clarity.

thealbertdev
Associate III

Same problem here.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Remyhx @thealbertdev 

Thank you so much for reporting this. I've reported this to the concerned team for correction on the coming releases after being able to reproduce it (under internal ticket number 181812).

Best Regard.

STTwo-32

same problem as well! Mark