cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to achieve 4uA of sleeping current in STM32WLE5CCU6 + RAK3172 using STM32CubeIDE.

MGami.1
Associate III

Hi All,

Currently I am working on STM32WLE5CCU6 + RAK3172 using STM32CubeIDE. So I am checking sleeping current.

Currently I am getting 340uA of sleeping current.

I want to make it reach to 4uA.

Can anyone guide me how can I achieve that. I have some doubts like below.

1. Do I need to power off / sleep the radio?
  2. Currently in STM32CubeIDE my system clock is 48MHz. During Sleep mode do I need to slow it down? Or from statrting only I have to use low system clock?
  3. Do I need to stop the ADC or it is not required? I am taking battery voltage from ADC.
  4. Currently I am making full port A GPIO to Analog and No_Push_Pull mode. In some of the pins in Port B and Port C are connected with radio. So do I need to change that and also remaining pin to analog and No_Push_Pull mode.
  5. If I am using DS18B20 (Temperature Sensor) then, It is required to Cut down Vcc and ground during sleep mode?

I am new to low power related topics. Sorry if I have asked silly questions.

Even though In while loop Larawan_Process() is continuously running. So where I have to put my low power related code means (after Rx or Tx).

Because we only need sleeping current less after receiver signal came.

Note: Using RUI3 firmware given by RAK. We are able to get 5uA sleeping current. But we strictly want it using STM32CubeIDE. And one more thing like Hardware wise there is no issue at all.

Regards

Manan

0 REPLIES 0