cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "provisioning" and "proxy" services to control the BLE mesh? Are there have guidelines about these data formats?

Cooper_WJH
Associate II

Hi,

I'm a novice in STM32WB and BLE mesh. I have started using the "BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode" example test with the "ST BLE MESH" APP. I want to use the "vendor model" to transfer the segmented and unsegmented packets in BLE mesh network by a host node that can be a proxy node or gateway node.

Although I successfully used the "ST BLE MESH" APP to communicate with the node(STM32WB5MM-DK) running "BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode" by the "vendor model". But I need to know how to use the provisioning & proxy service to communicate with mesh and its interaction.

There are the questions below.

1. In GATT "provisioning" & "proxy" services have "data in" & "data out" characteristics. I want to transmit the different data to test, trace, and check the interaction in the code. Are there guidelines about data packet format for these services and characteristics?
  2. How to transmit/receive the segmented and unsegmented data? Does BLE stack handle it? And we only need to decide the data length want to send?
1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Cooper_WJH 

I suggest you follow the recommendations of the AN5292. It should be helpful for you.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.