cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new (and very simple) STM32WL project from scratch ?

JChau.2
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to convert our IoT Sigfox sensor from EFM32 to STM32 architecture.

As a beguinner on STM32, I'm using an LSM100A eval board based on STM32WLE5CC.

Can anybody explain me how to create a simple Sigfox project ? I just want to send a simple Sigfox message.

I try to start from the PushButton skeleton available on project configuration but there is alway something missing in the generated source code. First build give errors like these :

../Core/Src/timer_if.c:337:51: error: 'RTC_N_PREDIV_S' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'RTC_PRER_PREDIV_S'?

../Core/Src/timer_if.c:415:30: error: 'RTC_PREDIV_S' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'RCC_PLLDIV_3'?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Johann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find a ready to use project with sigfox by downloading the software pack here :

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewl.html

Under "STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC1\Applications\Sigfox\Sigfox_PushButton" you will find a working project on Sigfox.

Hope it helps

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find a ready to use project with sigfox by downloading the software pack here :

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewl.html

Under "STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC1\Applications\Sigfox\Sigfox_PushButton" you will find a working project on Sigfox.

Hope it helps

Regards

JChau.2
Associate

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I already downloaded the software pack but there is no Sigfox folder in Applications.

I just want to make the minimal app, like a Sigfox hello world but I don't find any document to explain how to configure the project, pinout, clock, includes, ... from an bare empty STM32 project.

Is there any resource somewhere I didn't see ?

Thanks.

Johann

Hi,

Check the NUCLEO-WL55JC1 folder, not NUCLEO-WL55JC.

Rgds,

Laurent