Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS doesn't allow Bluetooth server custom characteristics

LaoMa
Associate III

Hello,

I am gonna use the STM32WB35.

After a while, I have configured it by the pintool SW, added the SW32WPAN, chosen custom service and filled the details for GAP and GATT ....

Then, due I'm not familiar with the Sequencer, I added the FreeRTOS-CMSIS v2 and with my big surprise all the GAP /GATT settings have disappeared; only the heartbeat service is allowed!

What the hell, I was wondering, how can anyone in ST developer group to limit the BT stack mode to server and heartbeat only?

Then, I repeated everything since the beginning of a new project but the result not changed: you cannot use the FreeRTOS for any service or custom service different from heartbeat!

Still incredulous, I have tried to find something about in the literature but it appears there is nothing useful or I was not able to find anything.

So, I am now asking the team how the hell I can use the FreeRTOS-CMSIS to build and manage my own custom service.... or do I have to deal with the use of that Sequencer which is neither easy nor efficient like a RTOS. And either the literatures or examples assume that everyone already know how the sequencer works but it is not.

I need some help, at least some directive on how to sort out from this.

Thanks a lot

Maurizio

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can start with BLE_HeartRateFreeROS project available in the STM32CubeWB, see last version here:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewb.html

And implement your own service and manage it.

Best Regards