cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to execute MI command

JFlor.4
Associate II

Hi,

I wrote an application for the BME680 sensor on the LoRa-e5 (based on STM32WLE5JC).

At the begin everything works normal but after about 70 minutes no more messages come to uart.

in the Error Log I got this message:

eclipse.buildId=Version 1.10.1
java.version=11.0.14.1
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_AT
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb
Error
Mon Aug 08 14:13:47 CEST 2022
Error in final launch sequence:
Failed to execute MI command:
target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:61234: Connection timed out.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to execute MI command:
target remote localhost:61234

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:61234: Connection timed out.
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Query.get(Query.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugSession(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:252)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugger(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launch(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:97)
	at com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.debug.launch.DSFDelegate.launch(DSFDelegate.java:328)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:803)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:716)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1021)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$2.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1224)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: localhost:61234: Connection timed out.
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.processMIOutput(AbstractMIControl.java:1024)
	at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.run(AbstractMIControl.java:853)

What can be the problem?

Johannes

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

Seems you monitor it over debuger . This isnt normal way to use.

Activate only UART....

JFlor.4
Associate II

I have the same problem if I try only UART. After 70 minutes no more measurments comes over UART.

I dont know how debugging in run mode to see whats happen if it's stop.

I'd guess you'd need to instrument your code to understand what mode it's in, or if its gone to sleep. You could make a simple UART based monitor app to respond to queries on internal states or whatever.

Make sure ErrorHandler() and HardFault_Handler() output some actionable data rather than die silently in a while(1) loop.

Consider also a Watchdog, to recover, and establish where the issue might be.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JFlor.4
Associate II

thanks for your answer. Do you have examples for me of the ErrorHandler() and the HardFault_Handler()?

I've posted examples of a hard fault handler on multiple occasions.

For an error handler, pass in the __FILE__ and __LINE__ data, and print it. That way you can run those down in your source quickly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JFlor.4
Associate II

Hi,

I've integrated the HardFault handler (works with div by 0) but i dont get a Hardfault in my code. I also didn't get an ErrorHandler error.

What can I do now?

As I write , debuger isnt designed for this. Change or check your environment, change USB cable , port , no HUB , ...

Somethink (ESD, EMC , ... ) kill your debuger session ...

And good is blink with led on some code places for info when system hangs.

NEXT IS USE WATCHDOG to if problem occurs code reboots.

Next classic mistake is if counter value is ? And counter overload back to zero.

Sometimes after 70 min ...