cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current consumption in low power modes

Nour
Associate III

Hello everyone, I want to measure the current consumption in low power modes on a STM32WB5MMDK discovery board, I would have two questions  🙂

1) I have clock issues when I want to use MSI clock to have a 2MHz SysClk to put my STM32 board in Low run power Mode, I don't know how to do it then

2) I also wanted to know how to enable and disable the flash memory, because in the datasheet the current consumption in Sleep mode and Low power sleep mode is given when it is On and when it is Off, so I wanted to compare it with the datasheet but I don't know how ?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Nour 

1) Configure MSI to 2MHz and set it as the system clock source 

then enable LPRUN mode by setting the voltage scaling range to 2 

2) to toggle the flash memory power state, you can use __HAL_FLASH_SLEEP_POWERDOWN_ENABLE and__HAL_FLASH_SLEEP_POWERDOWN_DISABLE (check cube examples) 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nour
Associate III

Hi @Sarra.S , thank you for your answer!

When I have configured MSI to 2MHz, the Sysclk became red and indicated clock issues, that's why I didn't know what to do...the voltage scaling range can be modified in the clock configuration ?

Thank you,

best regards,

Nour