cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 6.7.0 and CubeWB 1.15.0 Broken

LBrav.1
Associate II

Trying to compile (cube ide 1.11.0) the generated code from the attached ioc (which is the first example of the BLE mesh MOOC) generates a long list of "undefined references"

I had to reverse to MX 6.6 and WB 1.14.1 and works just fine

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @LBrav.1​,

Maybe this error is coming from the Linker or compiler?

You would need to make sure that your project contains properly all the header files with include files.

Other components must be enabled via stm32wbxx_hal_conf.h in your project directory.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

When you generate code from cubemx and try to compile it without any modifications, you should not have linker or whatsoever errors.

​And as stated, this works fine with the previous version of MX and WB...

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @LBrav.1​ 

As my colleague @Imen DAHMEN​  have mentioned, It could be some header that are not included.

To narrow the possibility could you please describe the steps you followed that provoked this described behavior.

Also could you provide a copy of the build console that show all the compilation errors.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi​ Semer, the steps are stated in the first post, including the SW and versions used. Can't provide the console output given that I had to roll back in order to be able to keep working.

If st wants to reproduce the error, is as easy as to download the included ioc, generate and compile code with the mentioned​ SW versions.

Hello @LBrav.1​ 

I was asking to double check because I'm not able to reproduce the described behavior.

In fact I made the following test and all of them are OK when building the generated code.

• Open the provided *.ioc file with CubeMx 6.6.1 and generate code with 1.14.1 FW ==> Build OK
  • Open the *.ioc file with CubeMx 6.7.0 and generate code with 1.14.1 FW ==> Build OK
  • Open the *.ioc file with CubeMx 6.7.0 and migrate the project to 1.15.0 FW ==> Build OK

I recommend you to de as I did in the third option (use CubeMX 6.7.0 and migrate to 1.15.0 FW).

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.