cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections

stop
Associate II

Hi,

new to microcontrollers, I want to use an STM32WBA54 for the BLE and have it control: a class D amp, a Led strip 

What I need at this moment is to understand the connections I need in order to have the chips comunicate and work with each other. Once this is established, I will move forward into settings and programming.

I chose the STM32WBA54 because the audio signal will be transmitted via Bluetooth and because it has a SAI interface which I need to connect to the AMP TAS5827 I guess.

So basically the physical connections I need are:

I2S (LRCLK, BCLK, DIN) between STM and TAS

I2C (SDA, SCL) between STM and TAS --- this I am not sure of if needed and why

A PWM output for the WS2812 Led strip

Plus eventually 4 GPIOs between TAS and STM (Fault, Mute, Power Down, Warn) --- are these In or Out?

and and ADC for an encoder to act as volume control.

ohh and DEBUG (UART or I2C or SPI)

Start wondering if the STM32WBA has enough pins

Is this correct?

any Help

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @stop 

so, you can use an STML32WBA54 MCU for your project, the Pinout should do the Job. I've personally done a configuration based on the STM32WBA54CEU MCU.

• I've used the SAI1 Channel B and set it to I2S mode (I2S is configured throw SAI in this MCU). 
  • I've set the USART1 in Asynchronous mode and set it to be used for debug.
  • I've set the TIM1_CH1 for PWM.
  • I've set the I2C on I2C1. 
  • I've set GPIO Pins PA3, PA5, PA2 and PB10.
  • I've enable the SWD (optional if you want).

STTwo32_0-1723708039004.png

So, you will be able to do your configurations on this MCU.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @stop 

so, you can use an STML32WBA54 MCU for your project, the Pinout should do the Job. I've personally done a configuration based on the STM32WBA54CEU MCU.

• I've used the SAI1 Channel B and set it to I2S mode (I2S is configured throw SAI in this MCU). 
  • I've set the USART1 in Asynchronous mode and set it to be used for debug.
  • I've set the TIM1_CH1 for PWM.
  • I've set the I2C on I2C1. 
  • I've set GPIO Pins PA3, PA5, PA2 and PB10.
  • I've enable the SWD (optional if you want).

STTwo32_0-1723708039004.png

So, you will be able to do your configurations on this MCU.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.