cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't run SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example on Nucleo WL55JC1

Catomaior
Associate II

I have a Nucleo WL55JC1 and I'm trying to run the SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example from STM32CubeWL v1.3.0. I am using STM32CubeIde and if I try to build without any modification to the original project the compiler outputs that stm32wlxx_nucleo_radio.h, stm32wlxx_nucleo_errno.h and stm32wlxx_nucleo.h files are missing and aborts. If I add those files and corresponding .c files everything compiles, but I can't manage to get any output on the serial port. The readme.txt file says that when the system boots two leds on the board should blink, but I can't get neither that. I tried some some debugging and I didn't get anything useful.

What have I done wrong? May I have skipped some configuration or tweaking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I actually found a workaroud, which is opening the .project from the file manager. That way I can successifully import and compile any project.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Catomaior and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I've just tested the example using the STM32CubeIDE V1.14.1, CubeMX V6.10.0 and the STM32CubeWL V1.3.0 and it works fine. I suggest you to:

- Update your CubeIDE and CubeMX to the Last Version.

- Download The last STM32CubeWL v1.3.0 using CubeMX.

- Open CubeIDE and select File->New->STM32 Project.

- Select the SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example on the Example Selector and generate your code.

-Compile & run your code.

That should perfectly work.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks. I think the problem might be related to the fact I'm using Linux. By doing as you suggested on Linux I can't manage to run anything, actually I can't even compile the project since the build button is disabled. I tried your steps in a virtual machine with Windows and everything worked perfectly. Can the problem be related to the Linux version of STM32CubeIDE? I am using STM32CubeIDE v. 1.14.0, the latest available on Linux at the time being

Hello @Catomaior 

That works fine for me using CubeIDE 1.14.0 and Ubuntu 22..04.1 and it works perfectly. Could you check your internal configurations.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I actually found a workaroud, which is opening the .project from the file manager. That way I can successifully import and compile any project.

Thanks