cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read my STM32 Nucleo-WL55JC1 on the STM32Cube Programmer

AFidi.1
Associate II

Before this I'm launching my modified version of LoRaWAN_End_Node firmware, but my Nucleo Board keeps restarting and heating up so I unplugged the USB cable. When I tried to connect my board back I get a FAILS.txt file with the following content

The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU

I tried to connect my MCU to the STM32Cube Programmer with under reset configuration and trying all reset mode configuration but got no luck.

0693W00000aIfvmQAC.pngOther things that I've tried:

1. Disconnect JP1
  2. Connecting while pushing the reset button
  3. Doing point 1 and 2 at the same time

And still got no luck.

Update:

Connecting the JP1 jumper back and the heating issue is back (the MCU isn't dead, I guess(?))

3 REPLIES 3
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @AFidi.1​ ,

Please refer to :How can I connect to my STM32 evaluation board using STM32CubeProgrammer

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

>> When I tried to connect my board back I get a FAILS.txt file with the following content

1. The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU

That means the on-board ST-Link can't communicate with the STM32WL55 for whatever reason.

>> but my Nucleo Board keeps restarting and heating up

What part exactly is heating up ?

You may have a short-circuit somewhere.

It is around the block that contains both the MCU and LoRa chip. Only thing that I connect to the board is only a Teseo-LIV3FL module and I'm pretty sure it is not the one that caused any short-circuit since I've been using them for long time and got no problem. The heating issue is came after I tried to use the LoRa interface.

Tried on a spare board and the heating issue is gone (even with the LoRa interface turned on). I suspect the LoRa chip was defective since the heating issue only happening if the LoRa interface is turned on.