cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth module without pairing

ljm
Associate III

Hello,

actually, i'm searching some reference of Bluetooth module without pairing, i want that the Bluetooth module communicate directly without paring.

Can you give some references please ?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

It's not going to be down to a specific module - it's the way you program/configure it.

Pairing isn't mandatory.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/wireless-peer-to-peer-communication-w-o-user-intervention/m-p/675426/highlight/true#M19103

Hello @Andrew Neil 

Thanks for replying

So that mean BLE doesn't require pairing even for a first connection ( for the first time )? 

Another question please, with your BLE Module can i connect at the some time to many other modules and collect data in the same time ? 

Thanks

@ljm wrote:

So that mean BLE doesn't require pairing even for a first connection ( for the first time )? 

Correct.

@ljm wrote:

can i connect at the some time to many other modules and collect data in the same time ? 

That depends on the module, and the application in/using it.

Plenty of modules are available which can do that. It requires more resources, so they won't be the cheapest ones...

Hello @Andrew Neil 

Thanks for replying.

Can you please recommand me some of your product that meets this need ?

Also, My application is used to retrieve data from several tools ... in the case it has no pairing any device can connect and retrieve data?

Thanks

@ljm wrote:

Can you please recommend me some of your product that meets this need ?

I don't have any products.

Perhaps you should speak to your Distributor or ST FAE?

@ljm wrote:

Also, My application is used to retrieve data from several tools ... in the case it has no pairing any device can connect and retrieve data?

At the Bluetooth level, yes.

Your application could add features to control this ...

Hello @Andrew Neil 

Thanks for replying 

one last question please, in my application I'm hesitating between using a bluetooth class or bluetooth class, I know the difference is the range, but on the electronics side what's the difference between class 1 and class 2? are there any extra components in class 1? and in terms of price is there any appreciable difference?
Thanks in advance

That would depend on what module you're using - details will be in the documentation.

hello @Andrew Neil 

in the documentation there is no indication about the difference of block diagram between class 1 and class 2 Bluetooth. 

Then, presumably, there is no difference.