cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth communication issue

AkashJoseSaji
Associate

Hi, I am using STM32WB55RG board. When I started working on the board, I did not upgrade the FUS and the wireless BLE stack. I just simply flashed my firmware hex file through cube programmer and it was working as expected(basic ble write and notify characteristics using ST BLE Toolbox app). Later I checked the FUS and the stack version through the cube programmer. It was showing like this:

FUS Version: v5.3
Stack Version: v16.12.0.27

Then I upgraded the FUS and stack versions. I used stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin for FUS and stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin(v1.20.0) for wirless BLE.

Start address for stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin : 0x080CE000
Start address for stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin : 0x080EC000

Now the versions of the stack and FUS when read through the STM32Cube programmer are:

FUS Version: v1.2.0.0
Stack version: v1.20.0.2

Then I clicked on the Start wireless BLE Stack. Now I have performed chip erase and loaded my firmware hex file. At that time it not behaving as expected. Like BLE advertising is happening. But proper read and notify is not happening. Also after sending some data over BLE, I am unable to send another data and the device is no more advertising. After resetting the board also, it is not advertising.

I tried loading the BLE P2P server example using the same steps as mentioned above. It is working fine as expected.

Any idea what is wrong here?

0 REPLIES 0