cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Insufficient resource error: code 0x88

Olive
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to transfer 2k bytes data every a while (20s for example) from BlueNRG-LP to my computer with one connection event. the 2KB data is divided into 5 chunks (data packets), which means 5 data packets contain a complete data set.  After I received the complete data set four times on my computer, the data received following that became only the first data packet, then after an other few more transmission, On the BlueNRG-LP side it gave an error code 0x88 (insufficient resource)  from aci_gatt_srv_notify function. I did notice that if BlueNRG-LP is disconnected from the computer, and reconnectted, then the transmission could continue, which seems indicating that the resources reserved are for one connection event. I am wondering if there is a way to release the resources (for example the memory allocated to BLE transmission buffer etc.)  allocated during the connection and reclaim it in the same connection event so that the recourses can be reused or is there any way to avoid "insufficient resource" error?

Thanks,

Olive

10 REPLIES 10

Before I include FreeRTOS in my application, I'd like to confirm something with my current development.

I am working on two boards. One is STEVAL_idb011V1 with BlueNRG-LP(355MC), and the other one is a customized PCB (mote) with BlueNRG-LP (355AC). The mote is a much smaller board with a smaller antenna. the amount of memory on both BlueNRG-LP 355MC and 355AC SoC is the same: 64KB RAM and 256KB flash. An AFE is connected to the BlueNRG-LP via SPI bus to do data acquisition on both the ST Eval board and the mote. The generated sensor data is 1200 16-bit data points. My application works fine on ST eval board, but when it runs on the mote, it complains insufficient resource. I am wondering  why the same program works on the eval board, but has resources issue on the mote?

Thanks,

Olive