cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS Project can not be complied after updating the USART1 Pin configuration by Device Configuration Tool in STM32CubeIDE

YYuan.1
Associate II

I downloaded the STM32WB MCU Fw pack through  https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB.git.

Then, I used STM32IDE v 1.10.1 to compile BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS project. It is complied successfully.

Then, I used Device Configuration Tool to update the Pins for USART1 to PA9 and PA10 by accessing BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS.ioc in the IDE. Besides this change, I had no other changes in Device Configuration Tool.

After I saved the change, the code was automatically updated. However, when I complied it again, it shows a lot of errors as the attachment.

I do not expect the change of Pins configuration will cause the whole project fail to compile. I also attached the git diff after the Device Configuration Tool change the code for the analysis.

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed, when you regenerate the BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS project for CubeIDE using CubeMX tool, there is build errors due to duplicate files inside CubeIDE project structure. To solve the issue, I recommend you to delete all files in BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS\STM32CubeIDE folder and then regenerate the project using CubeMX.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed, when you regenerate the BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS project for CubeIDE using CubeMX tool, there is build errors due to duplicate files inside CubeIDE project structure. To solve the issue, I recommend you to delete all files in BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS\STM32CubeIDE folder and then regenerate the project using CubeMX.

Best Regards

YYuan.1
Associate II

Thanks. It is working now.