cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-WL5M-SUBG1 got warning on lorawan app on repo

flyrobot
Associate II

I tried demo project from repo/STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0/Projects/B-WL5M-SUBG1/Applications/Lorawan/LoRaWAN_End_Node. i change the Region to my region on Lorawan minddleware setting on CubeMX.

After  "debug as" STM32 C/C++ application and got warning "Projects using Sigfox, LoRaWAN or SubGHz_Phy may require a customized linker file." what does it means ?

What does it means? and after debug as , got many error.

I follow this video tutor from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-7YqUFl0k seems works for Nucleo-WL55.

Anyone can help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @flyrobot 

projects using Sigfox, LoRaWAN, or SubGHz_Phy often require a customized linker file. This is because these projects typically involve specific memory layout requirements, such as placing certain sections of code or data in specific memory regions. This should not be the source of the issues you shared on the debug verbose file. 

Those problems came from:

• A problem on the definition of Prob pins in the radio_conf.h (can be configured on the SUBGHZ_PHY Middleware on the Platform Settings tab after enabling the Probes Lines in Platform Settings.
  • A problem of defining some variables (LORAWAN_APP_DATA_BUFFER_MAX_SIZE, FLASH_IF_OK, EventType, TX_ON_EVENT, CFG_SEQ_Task_LoRaSendOnTxTimerOrButtonEvent, LORAWAN_SWITCH_CLASS_PORT, and LORAWAN_USER_APP_PORT). in the Files lora_app.h/c, flash_if.h and utilities_def.h. 

I suggest you to refer to the end node LoRaWAN example on the STM32CubeWL to understand how to solve this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @flyrobot and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Coukd you share more details about the error you are receiving (some screenshots may help too). 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

flyrobot
Associate II

Capture.PNG

Hereis the screen shot . and i also attached debug verbose result

this is the detail, probably i missed some step ?

Hello @flyrobot 

projects using Sigfox, LoRaWAN, or SubGHz_Phy often require a customized linker file. This is because these projects typically involve specific memory layout requirements, such as placing certain sections of code or data in specific memory regions. This should not be the source of the issues you shared on the debug verbose file. 

Those problems came from:

• A problem on the definition of Prob pins in the radio_conf.h (can be configured on the SUBGHZ_PHY Middleware on the Platform Settings tab after enabling the Probes Lines in Platform Settings.
  • A problem of defining some variables (LORAWAN_APP_DATA_BUFFER_MAX_SIZE, FLASH_IF_OK, EventType, TX_ON_EVENT, CFG_SEQ_Task_LoRaSendOnTxTimerOrButtonEvent, LORAWAN_SWITCH_CLASS_PORT, and LORAWAN_USER_APP_PORT). in the Files lora_app.h/c, flash_if.h and utilities_def.h. 

I suggest you to refer to the end node LoRaWAN example on the STM32CubeWL to understand how to solve this.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32