cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability/state of known STM32WL reference designs

Julian1
Associate II

hey there! in a recent video posted to the ST youtube channel about STM32WL rf layout, there's a reference to the existence and availability of four separate reference designs - MB1720, MB1842, MB1791, and MB1792 using STM32WL parts, but it seems none of these are available for access on the ST website yet.

I'm interested to see them, because they seem much closer to the cut down approach to the design I'd like to do, as compared to the nucleo reference design which is available.

Normally I'd just be doing my own cut down design/layout based on the nucleo design I have been evaluating right now, but if more work is already done on ST's side, it would be really nice if I could get the files to look at and start from there.

Also the existence but unavailability of those designs is a little worrying.. are they unavailable because of a problem with the basic approach they follow? if so I'd love to know before I waste a bunch of time prototyping my own similar approach.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benoit MARCHAND
Associate III

Hello Julian,

Yes you are right, these 4 reference designs are going to be published.

You can already get MB1720 at the following link : https://www.st.com/resource/en/hw_model/stm32wl_reference_board_mb1720-xo_ios_shield.7z

There is no issue with these designs. We are a bit late in the publication because we want to improve the global delivery in particular by providing a dedicated FW to give to customer the capability to directly test performances. Also, we are working with an external company to get preCertification reports.

These points need some modifications in the publication which leads to a some delay. You can expect them delivered by W48.

Than you for your interest in the product.

Benoit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Benoit MARCHAND
Associate III

Hello Julian,

Yes you are right, these 4 reference designs are going to be published.

You can already get MB1720 at the following link : https://www.st.com/resource/en/hw_model/stm32wl_reference_board_mb1720-xo_ios_shield.7z

There is no issue with these designs. We are a bit late in the publication because we want to improve the global delivery in particular by providing a dedicated FW to give to customer the capability to directly test performances. Also, we are working with an external company to get preCertification reports.

These points need some modifications in the publication which leads to a some delay. You can expect them delivered by W48.

Than you for your interest in the product.

Benoit

Julian1
Associate II

excellent! thankyou! I'll get moving on my own designs, then. and I'll keep an eye out for the official release when it happens.

KKan.1
Associate II

nm