X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.23.0 is out!

Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

TouchGFX 4.23.0 is now out.

Please follow this link to download it.

Release details:

• Release date: December 5th, 2023

• New TouchGFX Designer Features:

• Added ability to define typography as vector rendered font.
    • Added possibility to use the IntFlash option in the designer.
    • Added 'overshoot percentage' property on Scroll Wheel and Scroll List widgets.
    • Added WideTextAction property to Text Area widget.
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Designer:

• Fixed validation not being run when adding a new language.
    • Fixed being able to move locked Custom Container Instances when loading a project.
    • Fixed 'Operating System' label being shown when importing a UI into a project.
    • Fixed generated '.svg.png' images with malformed format crashing the application.
    • Fixed wrong typography selected for wildcard buffer.
    • Fixed erroneous code generation when having two interactions and trigger on an interaction with 'Delay' as its action.
    • Fixed crash when modifying a copied Custom Container.
    • Fixed naming of copied and pasted Screens and Custom Containers not being assigned correct names.
    • Fixed being able to set simulator skin offset to a negative number.
    • Fixed being able to set Screen size to 0,0.
    • Fixed crash when closing a project.
    • Fixed canvas buffer size not being editable.
    • Fixed application behaving weirdly when project path includes whitespace characters.
    • Fixed File->Recent not having an upper limit, resulting in UI being unusable.
    • Fixed CircleProgress widget rendering start and end angle correctly on canvas.
    • Fixed image selector not showing correct images when switching between folders.
    • Fixed resource Text being deleted if a FlexButton widget used the resource Text.
    • Fixed Widgets disappearing when added to SwipeContainer pages.
    • Fixed a bug where copying and pasting widgets in widget tree, would reverse the order of the widgets
    • Fixed bug where newlines in wildcard texts were not allowed.
    • Fixed erroneous rendering in canvas when rotating text in Text Area and Button With Label Widget.
  • New TouchGFX Core Features:

• Added Vector Font Rendering.
    • Added support for 32 bpp vector rendering.
    • Painters for 32bpp will now use hardware acceleration (when possible).
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Core:

• Changed AbstractButtonContainer::getPressed to const.
    • Fixed a bug in AnimationTextureMapper that caused an assert when an animation was started repeatedly.
    • Fixed a bug in Unicode::snprintfFloats where #-formatter was ignored.
    • Fixed a bug where TextureMapper would not rotate bitmaps for rotated displays on GPU2D (NeoChrom) targets.
    • Missing VideoController::setVideoFrameRateCompensation() method has been added to the VideoController interface.
    • Added missing GPU2D (Neochrome) setup which caused a vector operation to fail if no other operations has been performed prior to it.
  • Deprecated TouchGFX Core Features:

• VectorRenderer::setup(const Widget&, const Rect&) has been replaced by VectorRenderer::setup(const Rect&, const Rect&).

4.22.1 Release details :

• Release date: September 8th, 2023

• Bugfixes in TouchGFX Designer:

• Fixed crash bug when font for language setting was missing.
    • Fixed crash bug when generating very large projects.
    • Fixed visibility parameter for SVG Image widget not being generated.
    • Fixed erroneous links for the "Request feature" and "Q&A" buttons.
    • Fixed not being able to set "Size in bytes" when toggling "Override default buffer size".
    • Fixed "Images" being empty when importing a GUI.
    • Fixed being able to insert a Custom Container in another Custom Container.
    • Fixed crash bug when no widget property is selected and the keyboard arrow keys are clicked.
    • Fixed bug where fonts with predefined bitmaps were not rendering when selecting a size that was not included in the list of available sizes.
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Core:

• Fixed bug in ScrollWheel overshoot.
    • Fixed bug in rendering SVG Image together with a Texture Mapper.
    • Fixed linker issue seen with nemagfx_core_release.a library for Cortex-M7.
    • Optimized blending for non-transparent elements on STM32U5 platforms.

Attention : TouchGFX Designer 4.23.0 MUST be used with STM32CubeMX 6.9.1 or above (link to download STM32CubeMX 6.9.1).

Attention : If X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.23.0 is not available in STM32CubeMX software yet, please navigate to "Help > Manage embedded software packages > STMicroelectronics > X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX". Then click on "From Local ..." and navigate to the x-cube-touchgfx-4-23-0.zip file to install the new pack inside STM32CubeMX.

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
8 REPLIES 8
masoudjalali
Associate II

Subject: Performance Issue with TouchGFX Versions

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to bring to your attention an issue I have been experiencing with all versions of TouchGFX.

The problem arises when attempting to simulate or generate UI code using TouchGFX, as the process seems to be unusually slow. It consistently takes at least two minutes, if not more, for the code generation or UI simulation to complete.

I would like to mention that my system configuration includes a Core i5 processor and SSD, both of which have proven to be efficient and trouble-free when running other programs. Therefore, it seems that the sluggish performance is specific to TouchGFX.

I appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter and would be grateful for any insights or guidance you can provide to enhance the speed and efficiency of TouchGFX on my system.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

8 sec for a serious project.
Intel Xeon 6-Core W 64GB RAM

it is my current system. isn't it enough for this purpose?

16GB RAM(DDR4,3200MHz)

Screenshot (110).png

thank you

ypiotrp
Senior

Hi,

I've updated my project from TouchGFX 4.20 to the newest one and I experienced a serious problem with text rendering. The issue is mostly visible on a specific screen which is a kind of debug console. It refreshes several text objects once in a couple seconds, sometimes frequently. From time to time texts flickers and become unreadable. After next refresh things come back to normal. See a screen shot below:Image.jpeg

Have you got any idea why it happens?

Regards,
Piotr

No problem with TouchGFX.
It is very difficult for me to answer you with a picture.
Have you used the MPV model? If so, the problem is with the display driver.
Why not just refresh the variable values without their labels. and only when changing the values?!

Hi @Panchev68,

Yes, I use MPV model. You suggest that the problem is with the display driver. Why does it occurs only with text rendering and not with bitmaps or shape objects?

During the update to 4.23 i noticed some additional parameters in the configuration of LTDC? I left them with default values. May that be a problem?

I work on STM32H7B0

Jcoop.1
Associate II

Subject: Build error in TouchGFX generated file

HI @Yoann KLEIN 

Happy wishes for 2024 and many thanks for the continuous development support and innovation with your products. 

After converting my project to the 4.23.0, I have following error in the MainBase file:

generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp:28:1: error: 'VectorFontRendererImpl' does not name a type
VectorFontRendererImpl vectorFontRendererImpl;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp: In function 'void setupSimulator(int, char**, touchgfx::HAL&)':
generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp:39:5: error: 'HAL' has not been declared
HAL::lcd().setVectorFontRenderer(&vectorFontRendererImpl);
^~~
generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp:39:39: error: 'vectorFontRendererImpl' was not declared in this scope
HAL::lcd().setVectorFontRenderer(&vectorFontRendererImpl);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:196: recipe for target 'build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/generated/simulator/src/mainBase.o' failed

If i open the project in Visual studio and put touchgfx:: in front of VectorFontRendererImpl and HAL, then the project builds and runs completely. If i build in touchgfx again, the adaption is removed and i have the errors again... 

Any idea how to solve this?

Many Thanks

Jan

Found the issue, 

In FrontendApplication.hpp there was the 'using namespace touchgfx;' missing. 

Apparently this was not needed in previous versions and is not added on migrating.... 

Regards Jan