cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out, available from STM32CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through STM32CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.17.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Complete redesign of the TouchGFX Designer
  2. Dual core support of TouchGFX Generator
  3. FMC interface support of TouchGFX Generator
  4. Various minor framework improvements like font handling

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

KNOWN ISSUES:

If you wish to use L8 images in 16-,24- or 32bpp configurations, for some RTOS you will need to remove the OSWrappers::taskYield() function call in the DMA2D file templates of the X-CUBE installation (FreeRTOS from CubeMX works OK):

• Navigate to your Users/<user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX/4.17.0/CubeMX/templates/Target folder
  • Depending on your bit depth open the dma_XXbpp_implementation_tmp.ftl file (16. 24 and 32 bpp)
  • Delete (or comment) the OSWrappers::taskYield() call in the while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U) loop
while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U)
{
    // OSWrappers::taskYield();
}
  • Regenerate code from STM32CubeMX for your project

/Romain

71 REPLIES 71

Dear @Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Good to hear the new version is released.

I wonder what is the "Dual-core support of TouchGFX Generator"?

Is it supposed to be used for the MP cores which have one A9 and one m3 controller? or something else?

Could you share the .json file of your project ?

/Romain

Hi,

If by MP you mean Microprocessor then no. Dual cores are MCUs using two M cortex, like the STM32H747 which has a M7 and a M4 cores. TouchGFX has always been able to handle dual cores but it was not possible to work with STM32CubeMX and the TouchGFX Generator. You can now create dual core projects based on the STM32CubeMX architecture and generate a STM32CubeIDE project along with TouchGFX.

/Romain

0693W00000BcnGSQAZ.png0693W00000BcnGhQAJ.pngIn addition, I can't create a new project and got this error

0693W00000BcnHcQAJ.png

Özkan
Associate II

Hi, I installed TouchGFXDesigner 4.17.0 and when I try to create a new project I always got error. I want to try cacheable container feature which mentioned at this link: https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/scenarios/achieving-better-performance-with-cacheable-container .

I have another problem about D-cache. If I have disabled D-cache, the informations on the TFT screen which I have created via TouchGFX Designer 4.16.1 are always true but sometimes software goes hard fault. If I have enabled D-cache software running is good but this time screens getting stuck.

That second issue should be linked to your internet connection. Open a browser like Chrome and give it another try.

/Romain

My connection is alright and I'm still getting the same error.

Hi,

What error do you face when you try to create a project ? Could you share a screenshot ?

The D-cache is a known issue but should have been fixed with TouchGFX 4.17 I believe. What mcu are you working with ? Did you use a TouchGFX Board setup (new name for Application Template) or a custom project ? Have you tried debugging to see where the screen gets stuck ?

/Romain

Do you also face it if you try to create a project with another UI (go to the Examples tab) ? Your connection might be alright but did you still try to open an internet browser (needed for TouchGFX to connect to the server) ?

/Romain

On your initial project facing the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error, can you try to open up the excel sheet found in the <project name>/TouchGFX/assets/text folder ? Or is it corrupted ?

/Romain