cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on stm32f429i-disc1display

DLips.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my stm32f429i-disc1 with the lates CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGfx 4.13. I have followed the instructions from here: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development, but my display is still all white (there should be red background with simple 'hello world' string on it).

The project compiles and there is also 1s_cnt which increments properly. I've tried to debug the project and noticed that program enters inside functions:

• void StartScreenPresenter::activate()
  • void StartScreenView::setupScreen()

on startup but only once.

Both the board and the cable are ok, because I can flash MCU with other project and then screen works fine.

Have you got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

51 REPLIES 51

screenSetup is an empty function. Is that right?

void Screen1ViewBase::setupScreen()
{

}

my screen is BLANK. That is, it's all white.

JMill
Associate II

Martin KJELDSEN (ST Employee) - It might be easier if you could create a working "Hello world" project and stuff it here. Sounds like it'd only take you a few minutes. Would that be possible? using CubeIDE 1.2.1, TouchGFX 4.13.0 (see my comment on CubeIDE 1.2.1)

regards,

John

JMill
Associate II

Or better yet, http://ge.tt/4W1PCo03

This is a clean project built with the cubeide 1.2.1 and touchgfx 4.13 for the 429-DISC1 dev board

Only the call to the graphics processing loop has been added to the default task.

It would be really helpful 🙂

Sure, just write some random code in there to be able to put a break point there.

Myous.1
Associate II

Same problem here , STM32CUBEIDE v1.2.1 , TouchGFX v4.13 , using CubeMX v5.5 , i have LTDC global interrupt enabled and IRQ enabled in the Code generation part of the NVIC , i've configured the IOC file the same as in the guide , added MX_TouchGFX_Process to the default task , and still getting a white screen.

i've tried building this , it builds with no errors , but it gives a white screen when i upload it to my board.

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Do you have any examples with working CubeMX and TouchGFX project? It would help us a lot to determine where is the problem. Most of us are using STM32F429ZI-DISC1 board.

Did you do any debugging? Is the application running? Are you receiving your interrupts (these are what drive the touchgfx rendering cycle - No interrupt = no pixels)