cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on stm32f429i-disc1display

DLips.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my stm32f429i-disc1 with the lates CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGfx 4.13. I have followed the instructions from here: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development, but my display is still all white (there should be red background with simple 'hello world' string on it).

The project compiles and there is also 1s_cnt which increments properly. I've tried to debug the project and noticed that program enters inside functions:

• void StartScreenPresenter::activate()
  • void StartScreenView::setupScreen()

on startup but only once.

Both the board and the cable are ok, because I can flash MCU with other project and then screen works fine.

Have you got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

51 REPLIES 51
DLips.1
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Hey guys from ST/TouchGFX, can you check this issue and update a document I mentioned in my first comment? It looks like many people have the same problem.

Cody
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Martin, I have the LTDC global interrupt enable for LTDC in Generate IRQ handler and Call HAL handler. The interrupt is getting called in TouchGFXGeneratedHAL at line 25 and 505 (my display is 800x480 and Accumulated Active Height is 506). That was with FreeRTOS. I also tried with no OS and I get the same results except my display is green.

Which problem is that? Black screen?

Hi,

Are you getting your setupScreen() method called in your view? If the application isn't ticked properly, then nothing will be rendered.

/Martin

It's okay the setupscreen of a view is entered only once, that's the whole idea.

What is your display interface? LTDC? Check the CFBAR register to see what the LTDC thinks is the current framebuffer address.

Does your memory hold what you think? Try having a red box or something similar and check that the content of the framebuffer is correct.

/Martin

Okay, green and what did you expect the screen to be? Green is not random data, so it may be a display configuration issue. Check the framebuffer memory to see if the contents are what you expect - If it is, then the display may be configured incorrectly.

That's your issue. No interrupt, no rendering.

/Martin

I'm only seeing CubeIDE 1.2.0 on the ST download site. Are you sure you're using 1.2.1 ?

Yes, I have a black screen when using FreeRTOS and a green screen when I use No OS.

from about : Version: 1.2.1

Build: 5190_20200115_1224 (UTC)