cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What possible error would cause the return value of getBlockForTransfer to return 0

Korry
Associate III

Hi

​I had a problem with this getBlockForTransfer function that always returns 0 when I use FSMC + partial frame buffer.

The main changes are in the TouchGFXHAL file.

Below is my entire project, and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your generosity.

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

What is your current status ?

/Alexandre

I'm glad you could answer my questions。

I can now display a certain color all over the screen, but that's not what I want.

Now it's the pixels. I don't know how the pixels will be stored after GFX is rendered.I notice that a pointer to Uint8_t is always returned.I use RGB565 format, should I be R<<11 | G <<5 | B  thus forms a complete RGB pixel, and then transmits the pixel to my screen through FSMC.

Thank you very much.

/Korry

It is probably unrelated but in your TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp, in the HAL_TIM_PeriodElapsedCallback function you don't need to call swapFrameBuffers.

void HAL_TIM_PeriodElapsedCallback(TIM_HandleTypeDef *htim)
{
        if(htim->Instance == TIM2)
        {
            HAL::getInstance()->vSync();
            OSWrappers::signalVSync();
            HAL::getInstance()->swapFrameBuffers(); //should be removed
        }
	if (htim->Instance == TIM1) 
	{
		HAL_IncTick();
	}
}

As for how to write pixels in the framebuffer : https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/board-bring-up/how-to/03-display-internal/#checking-the-display-colors

The Application Template STM32L496-DISCO uses FSMC interface and a new Application template using SPI and Partial Framebuffer is being created and will be available in September, so you can refer to at least the L496 for now and the new one soon.

"I can now display a certain color all over the screen, but that's not what I want." -> please elaborate

/Alexandre

Korry
Associate III

It's not what I want it to look like it doesn't match the color in the designer.

Thank you very much for updating the documentation with more detailed instructions.

I think I know what the problem is.

Thank you very much, Alexandre.^-^

/Korry