cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes an "Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file: \PROJECT_NAME\GRAPHICS for Source path"

scottSD
Senior III

This is a warning listed under the "Problems" tab in STM32CubeIDE (1.1.0). I am seeing some strange behavior and am wondering if this is the cause.

The strange behavior I am seeing is that often when I change something in the TouchGFX Designer and click "Generate Code" then do a Run > Debug in STM32CubeIDE, the change does not take effect. What runs on the target is some previous build (without the changes).

Sometimes if I disconnect the target and reconnect it, the latest code is correctly running on the target.

17 REPLIES 17

Evening exchange for you. Still afternoon here. 😉

I do see it there in the Compiler Settings:

0690X00000AriwAQAR.png

Deleting it from there did, in fact, remove the warning as you said it would.

Great! Oh, Sometimes i forget that the world doesn't revolve around the TouchGFX office in Denmark :p

Martin,

I was able to recreate this.

I am currently trying to figure out the BPP on this project and was setting the Pixel Parameters for the LTDC (in CubeMX perspective).

0690X00000ArixwQAB.png

Changing that apparently caused it to reference GRAPHICS and reintroduced the warning again. I can easily delete it from the compiler settings, but I wanted to let you know how I recreated it.

Regardless, when I selected ARGB8888 , the TouchGFX Frame Buffer Color Format and Color Frame Buffer Depth settings didn't like it (red in screen capture below):

0690X00000AriyGQAR.png

Maybe I am not correctly setting this up? Is this the place to do this so that I correctly use ARGB8888 for dynamic bmps?

I plan on eventually using the index (L8) but am using this type for now.

Concerning the GRAPHICS being added to the .cproject file, I see that the following two lines are added to the .mxproject file when I make the above changes in CubeMX:

0690X00000Arj0WQAR.png

Maybe that will help.

Doesn't look wrong to me. I'm just wondering why this wasn't caught during testing, so maybe there's an edge case here, although this configuration seems straight forward. We gave lots of feedback to the CubeMX/IDE teams during the making of version 5.4 and 1.1.0. Maybe we missed something when the project is generated from within CubeIDE instead of CubeMX standalone.

/Martin

Hey Scott, I also got a similar problem. I am using STM for very first time. Are you able to solve your problem? 
If yes, Please help me also.

ArekM
Associate

Hi,
I have a similar situation for the "RTOS2" folder
The entry with the RTOS folder can be found in the .cproject file. CubeMx is responsible for this.

Simply adding the missing folder from the file manager solves the problem.

Additionally, this folder can be deleted from the file project tree in STM32CubeIDE, which will remove the folder from the file system and from the .cproject file to...

ArekM_3-1709304347190.png

--
Arkadiusz M.