cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TouchGFX on STM32H743VIT6 with custom LVDC 2.1" Round LCD and without Touch Input.

Emre2blue
Associate II

Hello,

I've successfully ported my LCD init code from ESP32 to STM32, and it runs, it shows an image from Flash. And all works now. I use RGB666 LCD from AdaFruit and I want to add some graphics library to it. I don't need and touch inputs. I did installed the TouchGFX but I could not disable the Touch input necessary . would you please guide me. I only need a graphics library sections of it.

4 REPLIES 4
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Emre2blue ,

There is a few solutions I can see.

First, you can simple make none of your elements react to a touch input. For instance, if in TouchGFX Designer you add an image covering your whole screen, touching it on your board won't do anything. The display won't changed based on that touch but the microcontroller will still receive to touch positions.

Usually, the simplest way to disable touch input is to directly specify it to your display. You could need to change a register value of your display or maybe there is a function to enable/disable touch that you could add with your init code.

Finally, you could disable touch from within the ST TouchGFX HAL library but I think this is simpler to use one of the 2 solutions mentioned above.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Emre2blue ,

Were you able to achieve your desired result?

If my previous comments was helpful, I invite you to select it as "Best answer" to increase its visibility and help other people with the same issue as you.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart

Hi, I could not test touch inputs. Because I could not managed the TouchGFX to show any images on the screen yet. I've posted "No images on Screen - TouchGFX on STM32H743VIT6 with custom LTDC 2.1" Round LCD" this after a while, but no answer yet again. I'm also trying to implement LVGL. But that is also dead end. There is a Buffer problem that I could not solve. Almost every sample is using SDRAM. And I don't have it. I'm still leaning the STM32H7 but it will take loooots of time I think. 

In LVGL I could not allocate buffer for double or triple Frame. There is no sample or knowledge about only One FrameBuffer . I really want to use TouchGFX, because I believe it meant to run on STM32 perfectly. But where to start?

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @Emre2blue ,

Mohammad will come back to you when he has more information about your other ticket.

From what I have read, everything with your screen works fine with Arduino libraries or by manually copying a framebuffer so this might be a board bring up issue, you might be missing some step but Mohammad will tell you more.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart