cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting White Blank Screen Issue After OCTOSPI1 GPIO Configuration in TouchGFX Application

Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Hi Community, I am encountering an unexpected white blank screen issue in my TouchGFX application after configuring the GPIO pins for OCTOSPI1 peripherals. The application was previously functioning correctly, but the problem arose after making changes related to OCTOSPI1 GPIO configuration. I am reaching out to the community to seek assistance in diagnosing and resolving this issue.

Following the configuration of GPIO pins for the OCTOSPI1 peripherals, my TouchGFX application now displays a white blank screen upon starting the FreeRTOS kernel (`osKernelStart()`). This unexpected behavior indicates a problem with display initialization or rendering, potentially caused by the recent GPIO configuration changes.

I am using the STM32H7B3I-DK development board and have developed a TouchGFX application with FreeRTOS. The application was functioning correctly before the OCTOSPI1 GPIO configuration changes were made.

Ayoub_Bnina_0-1707346182784.png

Task Entry Code Function:
```c

void TouchGFXHAL::taskEntry()
{
enableLCDControllerInterrupt();
enableInterrupts();

OSWrappers::waitForVSync();
backPorchExited();

// Turning on display after first frame is rendered
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOK, GPIO_PIN_7, GPIO_PIN_RESET);
/* Assert display enable LCD_DISP_CTRL pin */
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_2, GPIO_PIN_SET);
/* Assert back light LCD_BL_CTRL pin */
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_1, GPIO_PIN_SET);
for (;;)
{
OSWrappers::waitForVSync();
backPorchExited();
}
}

```

I am seeking assistance from the community to diagnose and resolve the white blank screen issue encountered in my TouchGFX application after configuring the OCTOSPI1 GPIO pins.

Your expertise and assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ayoub_Bnina ,

If I remember well, you use STM32H7B3-DK board? Which board revision are you using? B02, C01....?

Please refer to the board schematic and check the OCTOSPI GPIO pin needed for the OCTOSPI1 configuration.

KDJEM1_0-1707378336745.png

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ayoub_Bnina ,

If I remember well, you use STM32H7B3-DK board? Which board revision are you using? B02, C01....?

Please refer to the board schematic and check the OCTOSPI GPIO pin needed for the OCTOSPI1 configuration.

KDJEM1_0-1707378336745.png

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Thank you @KDJEM.1, That was the issue,  I correctly fixed GPIO configuration, also I was using Micron not Macronix Memory Type.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ayoub_Bnina ,

Glad to know that the issue is solved.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂.

Kaouthar