cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: Trouble migrating from 4.16.1 to 4.17.0

Roberto C
Associate III

I'm having some troubles migrating a project from 4.16.1 to 4.17.1.

My board is NUCLEO-H743ZI

When linking a project after migration i get some errors like:

"undefined reference to `touchgfx::TextArea::setTypedText("

This error come from some auto-generated files.

After some check I found some difference in:

....\Middlewares\ST\touchgfx\framework\source\touchgfx\widgets\TextArea.cpp.

In version 4.16.1 it was...

void TextArea::setTypedText(TypedText t)

In new version 4.17.1:

void TextArea::setTypedText(const TypedText& t)

Currently i had to step back to version 4.16.1 becouse I don't know how to solve it.

Any suggest?

ps. i'm still having also trouble with Designer 4.17.0 that the top of window hides under the Title Bar

Roberto.

3 REPLIES 3
BGuth.1
Senior

Hi Roberto,

I am wondering if you solved this problem. I migrated from 4.16.1 to 4.18.1 and facing the same problem. Please let me know if you found the solution.

Roberto C
Associate III

Hi BGuth,

In my message i descript 2 problems: one while compiling and one referred to Designer tool.

The second is still on (cann't resize Designer 4.17.0 size and the bar title still hide some menu items...).

About the first listed trouble if I well remember (some months are passed) I had to regenerate compleatly the project starting by MSCUBE, then using the TouchGFX project created with version16 and finally adding all the needed user created changes.

And (i don't know how) the trouble disappeared.

Now i'm using ver.4.17.0 and works fine.

Sorry if I cann't help you with a more detailed solution, but hope this could help you.

Regards.

Roberto

Thank you @Roberto C​ . I was able to solve my problem. I missed copying some of the generated files in to my project area. The code builds fine now. Thank you for your time.