cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: TouchGFX_Task Only Called Once

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I am running on the STM32H725AGI6 on a custom board. I am trying to use the TouchGFX GUI with the LTDC interface (RGB565). I am trying to run a firmware that I had previously working on another of the H7 series (STM32H7B3IIT6). The hardware is identical in all aspects, except for changing to the AGI6 MCU. 

I am running the debugger to try to isolate the issue and I observed that the model::tick() function was only called once. Additionally, the TouchGFXHAL::taskEntry() is also only called once. On the IIT6, this problem was not present. 

I have tried the following so far:

- Increased the heap size (it says I still have plenty of heap available)

- Increasing priority of the TouchGFX

- Removing the BLE_Task I have to prevent multiple tasks from causing issues

KMew_0-1691086518290.png

None of these solutions have worked yet. Does anyone know what would cause a task to only be called once?

Edit:

I also enabled vApplicationMallocFailedHook(void) to see if it entered this function and it did not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello JTP,

I apologize for the late response. Apparently my company's new email filtering system blocked the email saying you replied. 

I did find the problem eventually. It worked when I assigned the TouchGFX buffer location to "By allocation" instead of "By address."

However, it seemed to have led to another problem, which I have addressed in the following post:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcu/freertos-only-one-of-two-tasks-are-occurring/m-p/581610

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JTP1
Lead

Hello

Is the execution then jamming inside of TGFX task  ?

If not, how you have arrange the continuous call of touchgfx_taskEntry (Rtos)  or MX_TouchGFX_Process (no Rtos)?

Br J.T

Hello JTP,

I apologize for the late response. Apparently my company's new email filtering system blocked the email saying you replied. 

I did find the problem eventually. It worked when I assigned the TouchGFX buffer location to "By allocation" instead of "By address."

However, it seemed to have led to another problem, which I have addressed in the following post:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcu/freertos-only-one-of-two-tasks-are-occurring/m-p/581610

Hello

Ok, no problem. I think those email notifications aren't working, at least I haven't got any yet.   

Br j.t