cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: Make Font Bold

KMew
Senior III

Hello,

I am trying to make text bold using the TouchGFX Designer. I am using 4.20.0 at the moment.

Is this something that is possible? 

I am trying to look for options, but I am not having any luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

A bold font must be integrated as an additional font. The changed width of the characters can be problematic, which can lead to an unsuitable typeface. TouchGFX is not a full-blown graphics system like on a correspondingly more complex Linux/Windows/MacOSX/etc. system.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

A bold font must be integrated as an additional font. The changed width of the characters can be problematic, which can lead to an unsuitable typeface. TouchGFX is not a full-blown graphics system like on a correspondingly more complex Linux/Windows/MacOSX/etc. system.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Peter,

To maek sure I understand, are you proposing that I add another .ttf or .otf file for a certain font type, but all the letters in that font are already bold?
For example, .ttf file 1 would be Arial

.ttf file 2 would be Arial Bold

Is that correct?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

That is exactly my suggestion.

However, I recommend paying close attention to the license conditions for fonts. The fact that you are allowed to use an Arial font on your Windows computer does not automatically give you the right to use the font outside of Windows, e.g. on embedded systems. If you do this anyway, it can be very expensive for you.

Either purchase a license for such fonts or use open source fonts, e.g. from fonts.google.com, which you can store in the asset folder together with the license conditions.

Good luck!
/Peter