cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX getting deleted by virus scanner

DMeis.1
Associate III

Trend Micro thinks TouchGFX\4.13.0, is a virus. It then instantly deletes the TouchGFX.exe file. This is the second time it has happened. The Violation is flagging as 'Unauthorized File Encryption' I know you said software doesn't use any file encryption. However the software "copies-, creates-, deletes-, modifies- and generates them" . Both times the software was flagged as a virus I had opened TouchGFX from inside STcubeIDE in an attempt to edit the tool and generate the code in cubeIDE. My assumption is it has something to do with TouchGFX writing to a file that is open in the ST IDE. I attached images of the program it is deleting and the target it thinks is the virus, which is a .png file I made inside the program. target is located in my C:/user/documents/etc0690X00000D8TkGQAV.png... 0690X00000D8TjwQAF.png Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoniS
Senior

You need to contact trend micro about this, it's their heuristics being too 'aggressive" and the file gets flagged as suspicious.

This have happened to me way more times than i can ​imagine with 100% self written code which does nothing malicious, it's same with all AV software which does actually work properly, if it does not have behaviour detection then how could it ever find "zero day malware".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DMeis.1
Associate III

I also reached out to my IT department asking them if they could give an exception to touchGFX but verification will take time.

JoniS
Senior

You need to contact trend micro about this, it's their heuristics being too 'aggressive" and the file gets flagged as suspicious.

This have happened to me way more times than i can ​imagine with 100% self written code which does nothing malicious, it's same with all AV software which does actually work properly, if it does not have behaviour detection then how could it ever find "zero day malware".