cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX generated project is not worked on STM32F746G-DISCO(C01)

Yuki
Associate II

The project automatically generated by TouchGFX worked fine in the simulation but not when downloaded to the target.

Also, when I used the STM32CubeIDE to run it from debug mode, it worked fine.

It looks like the boot mode is the cause, but I didn't know the details. The target board (STM32F746G-DISCO) is in the factory state, and most of the project sources are the same as when they were automatically generated.

I couldn't find a solution because the auto-generated project doesn't work.

Do you have a solution or know about this problem?

My environment is as follows:

​TouchGFX 4.19.1

STM32F746G-DISCO (board edition: F746NGH6-C01)

(STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0)

19 REPLIES 19
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Yuki,

Can you share with us the error logs you have when you click on running on target with TouchGFX Designer ? Have you tried to run your project with release mode instead of debug mode within STMCubeIDE ?

0693W00000NpIqdQAF.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thanks for reply, Osman.

Share the error log that occurs when you click Run on Target.

However, there were no error and warnings.

As you told me, I tried building in release mode instead of debug mode, but it didn't work. (It looks that only the capacitive touch sensor is not working) The hex file at this time is also shared. 

Also, as a new finding, clicking Run button in MCU Core tab from STM32CubeProgrammer worked fine. Is there anything in the boot sequence?

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Yuki,

I tried on my side with the project you've attached and everything works fine on my side. Both of TouchGFX designer - Run on Target", and with STM32CubeIDE "Release" mode, solutions are good with my board.

Also tried with your hex file. The program is running fine.

What about if you use STM32CubeProgrammer to download your program to your board ? Do you also have the issue ? (use the release and debug hex files to see if there's a difference). Also, did you try to unplug-plug your device to your computer after downloading the program ? (sometime the screen stay blank and needs a device reboot).

If you still have the issue please share a video of your problem.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

Dear Osman,

Sorry for the late reply.

After that, I tried various methods again, but all of them didn't work.

When I received the Run command from ST-LINK, it worked normally, but when I operated it with an external power supply or when I pressed the reset button on the board, the screen stopped and it did not work properly.

I took a video of using Cube Programmer, so I will send it.

Hello Yuki,

Sorry I'm out of idea actually. Again, everything works fine on my side. Here's a video of how it looks like on my board STM32F746G-DISCO (I also have the same edition : F746NGH6-C01). I used the hex file you sent me, and my parameters on STM32CubeProgrammer are the same as yours.

I have no other idea than change your board maybe.

Tell me if you have any news.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
Yuki
Associate II

Hello Osman,

Thank you for all the validation you have done.

I bought two more boards of the same revision and wrote the HEX file but it didn't work ...

STM32CubeProgrammer has a "Verify programming" function, but when I turned it on I got a verify error.

I have replaced the USB cable for writing, host PC, etc., but it always seems to get a Verify error.

0693W00000Nqnm0QAB.pngAlso, I will send you a log of the writing process.

Is there anything you have noticed about these?

Yuki​

Hello Yuki,

You're welcome 🙂

Did you upgrade the firmware before trying to run the application on your boards ?

(it must be done before clicking on "Connect" button)

0693W00000Nqr4CQAR.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
Yuki
Associate II

Hello Osman,

The firmware upgrade had already been performed.

I noticed two things from the pictures you sent me:

1, I did not specify External Loader in my environment. I found a way to specify it, did it, and the validation error stopped happening! But the problem of the board not working independently remained the same...

2, The ST-LINK firmware versions that come with my boards are all V2J39M27, but in your environment it appears to be V2J38M27.

Is there any possibility of this version difference?

0693W00000NqrwsQAB.png 

Yuki

Hello Yuki,

Great to hear that the problem with validation error is resolved!

Indeed, the external loader is mandatory when we download the application on the board.

For your second remark, unfortunately it's not the problem. I did try with V2J39M27 with my board, and same result, works fine.

Do you know if it's only the "touch screen" that doesn't work, or your application is totally freezed? Can you try to add animation in your application (like a box that moves for example). You can try with the application I share.

Also, another idea would be to debug with CubeIDE using breakpoints to see in which functions it go through and in which on it stops.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT