cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchgfx error

KPeri
Associate II

Hi community members !!

I’m attempting to open my touchgfx file (.touchgfx file) from the ST32Cube IDE, but I’m running into an error that states, “Value cannot be null. (Parameter ‘path2’)”. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference. This is the first time I’ve encountered this error in my project, despite having successfully added screens, components, generated code, and flashed it to the board in the past using touchgfx. Could anyone provide a potential solution?

touchgfx_error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gaetan Godart,

Thanks for your reply. The issue was that I accidentally deleted a line of code specifying the path of an image while trying to modify some theme presets of gauges. This caused an error, as shown in my screenshot. However, I realized the mistake, corrected it, and now TouchGFX is working again with my project files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @KPeri ,

Could you please share the log file mentioned in the error message please.

Have you been able to isolate the issue and reproduce it on another project?

I have trouble understanding what you want to do exactly. You have opened your project un STM32CubeIDE (an IDE / text editor) and from there you want to open the .touchgfx file?
I don't think the .touchgfx file is supposed to be opened in STM32CubeIDE. Instead it could be opened directly from the file explorer to open TouchGFX Designer.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

Hi Gaetan Godart,

Thanks for your reply. The issue was that I accidentally deleted a line of code specifying the path of an image while trying to modify some theme presets of gauges. This caused an error, as shown in my screenshot. However, I realized the mistake, corrected it, and now TouchGFX is working again with my project files.

Thank you for keeping us updated @KPeri , I am glad it worked for you! 😊

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)