cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchgfx_components folder gets deleted after generating code

brohr01
Associate II

Hello, I have created a project in TouchGFX 4.24 based on the STM32U5A9J-DK I am using. I generate the code in TouchGFX and then import the project into STM32cubeIDE 1.16.0. The code will build and compile and I am able to upload it to the board and everything works as expected.  When I open the .IOC file to add PE2 as a GPIO_EXTI2 interrupt and generate the code the project will no longer build with the following 2 missing files:

C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.16.0/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.win32_1.0.200.202406191623/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l:libnemagfx-float-abi-hard.a: No such file or directory
C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.16.0/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.12.3.rel1.win32_1.0.200.202406191623/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l:libtouchgfxnema-float-abi-hard.a: No such file or directory

After some investigating I found that the files should be located in middlewares/ST/touchgfx_components/ but that folder is deleted after generating the code.  The library paths are still listed in the settings menu that point to the touchgfx_components folder.  Any help is appreciated, Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh okay, that sounds a bit different.

I tried to replicate this issue, but the project kept building fine. 
Does this issue persist if you create another project? Have you tried generating code from STM32CubeMX instead of STM32CubeIDE? 
Could you try regenerating code from TouchGFX after you have generated code from the .ioc file?

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @brohr01,

Yes. Unfortunately, it is a known issue, and we will fix it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please refer to this comment that I have made to fix that issue.

Best regards, 

Mohammad MORADI
brohr01
Associate II

Thank you for the response.  I am trying to follow the advice you gave in the linked thread but my .cproject file does not contain any references to MCU/MPU linker or compiler, actually "MPU" is not contained anywhere in my .cproject file.  Here are a couple screenshots of my .cproject file right after created a new project from touchGFX.compiler.JPGlinker.JPG

I have also ran into another way that the project will suddenly not build / compile correctly.  In some instances the project will build and compile but the elf file will be tiny and not contain any code.

Thanks again for any more help

Oh okay, that sounds a bit different.

I tried to replicate this issue, but the project kept building fine. 
Does this issue persist if you create another project? Have you tried generating code from STM32CubeMX instead of STM32CubeIDE? 
Could you try regenerating code from TouchGFX after you have generated code from the .ioc file?

Mohammad MORADI

Thanks again for the reply, I once again sat down with some free time and was able to find a solution with your help...at least so far my project is continuing to build.

I created a new project in TouchGFX and then imported it into CubeIDE and verified it would build and flash to my device.  I then opened the .ioc file with CubeMX and made the changes to enable I2c2 and EXTI on the pins I am using.  I generated the code from CubeMX and then was able to build the project in CubeIDE. I will continue to make config changes in CubeMX and leave CubeIDE strictly for code editing.