cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchgfx : binary contains debug infos

SBACO
Associate III

Hello,

When building my project using touchgfx, I generate a specific binary file for some images. So for the testing purpose I create a section with only one image of one black pixel. So basically this image in binary format should be around 2 bytes in 16BPP. However the binary seems to include in addition to this image some debug information like "GCC: (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors 6-2017-q2-update) 6.3.1 20170620 (release) [ARM/embedded-6-branch revision 249437]" etc.

It does not seems to have a specific release or debug configuration in the makefile. the overhead in the in quite unlikely and in some of the other binary, I also have some absolute path of my own computer. Is there any way to remove all those information ?

Regards,

13 REPLIES 13
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Can you show us some examples of what you're experiencing? By default we use arm-none-eabi-strip to strip libtouchgfx.a when building the core library with arm-gcc (And equivalent for gcc).

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Any update on this @SBACO​ ?

SBACO
Associate III

Sorry for late reply, I was off for a few days. I am sorry to say that I do not find any solutions... I am afraid I will have to deal with it. It is just disapointing to lose so much memory for nothing.

SGold
Associate II

Hello, I know this post it a little bit old, but I'm seeing a lot of code information from the touchgfx library in the microcontroller's binary. I checked optimization, also I stripped debug info, unneeded and other flags, and the same. 

Any idea what can be happening?

Here is a picture of what I'm seeing in the binary. I don't think this was compiled as a debug info.

0693W000001slKKQAY.png

Thank you in advance.