cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchFX Zephyr Integration Font Issue

karsparskambala
Associate

Hi,

I am working on integrating TouchGFX into Zephyr and have made some progress. However, I am currently facing an issue where the text appears scattered and displayed strangely.

I have enabled DMA2D, and the font data is stored in external QSPI flash and loaded into external internal SRAM. My board is the STM32H750B-DK.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Could you possibly guess the reason by looking at the image? The texts are displayed better after I press the reset button following the initial flash

karsparskambala_0-1728667263867.png

karsparskambala_1-1728667310453.png

karsparskambala_3-1728667357637.png

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

Based on your font size place it into internal RAM not ext SDRAM.

karsparskambala
Associate

Hi MM..1. Thanks for the answer.

I placed the FontFlashSection in internal RAM, but it did not affect the output. Below is the corresponding part of the linker script.

_LMA_FontFlashSection = LOADADDR(FontFlashSection); 
SECTION_PROLOGUE(FontFlashSection,,)
{
    . = ALIGN(0x4);
    _VMA_FontFlashSection_Start = .;   
    *(FontFlashSection FontFlashSection.*)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.r.*)
    . = ALIGN(0x4);
    _VMA_FontFlashSection_End = .;
} >RAM AT>FLASH

RAM AT FLASH is waste of ... if FLASH is internal FLASH.

How size is this section?

karsparskambala
Associate

_VMA_FontFlashSection_End - _VMA_FontFlashSection_Start = 1504 Bytes

Ok small font then for testing store it in normal internal flash. As described in other thread memory for fonts must be byte addressable. 

karsparskambala
Associate

Thank you again for your response.

The FLASH in question is the QSPI flash. For clarification, the location where the FontFlashSection is flashed is not related to the solution for the problem I am experiencing, correct? Ultimately, it will be loaded into internal RAM. I load it into SRAM1, which is byte-addressable.

Another question: What are TouchGFX_ScratchbufferA and TouchGFX_ScratchbufferB, and where should they be placed?

I see this scratch first time , but maybe for special for example QRcode require it...