cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch GFX Video

Vins
Senior

Hi Community,

I am using video widget to play the sample videos provided in demo (STM32F769I). But i wanted to play custom videos. Run Target is is also 100% completed but video is not updated on the display.

Anyone knows how to play custom videos using Video Widget.

Touch GFX Version : 4.19.1.

Video Format: MJPEG videos in AVI format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Vins,

Indeed, the video widget allows to run video on your board. And the STM32F769I board is already configured to run videos. I think the issue you have here comes from your video format which is not compatible (yet). To make it compatible you need to convert it with this tool. You can find further documentation here.

So basically what you need to do is to convert your video with this command inside a cmd:

ffmpeg.exe -i input.avi -s 500x400 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -an output.avi

then include the generated video (output.avi) into your project (TouchGFX\assets\videos\.)

You can then select for TouchGFX Designer your custom video and run it on your board.

Tell me if you succeed on that 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Vins,

Indeed, the video widget allows to run video on your board. And the STM32F769I board is already configured to run videos. I think the issue you have here comes from your video format which is not compatible (yet). To make it compatible you need to convert it with this tool. You can find further documentation here.

So basically what you need to do is to convert your video with this command inside a cmd:

ffmpeg.exe -i input.avi -s 500x400 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -an output.avi

then include the generated video (output.avi) into your project (TouchGFX\assets\videos\.)

You can then select for TouchGFX Designer your custom video and run it on your board.

Tell me if you succeed on that 🙂

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Vins
Senior

Hi @Osman SOYKURT​,

I have got the output for the Touch GFX Video question.

Now I have connected SPI Display-ILI9341 to STM32F769NI board and succeeded in the displaying the different sized images. Used Touch GFX through STM32CubeIDE. (Enabled Touch GFX in STM32CubeIDE). Now I wanted to play the videos on the SPI Display-ILI9341. I enabled the video widget as i did in the above solution given by you but not getting the results. Any solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Vins.