cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch GFX example does not generate IDE project

tmehok
Associate III

I have made many tutorial examples of touch GFX projects but I have never tried seeing the code from one of the given examples. When I picked the Flex button example and generated the code I noticed I could not only not open a STM32 project to see the virtual functions but I could also not upload the project to my board because it didn't have the standard STM32 project in it. Two questions,

1) Is there a way to push a touch GFX project without STM32 project to a board for testing

2) Am I being an *** and missing the code in another directory or file?

I am looking into this example due to advice I got from a different forum post. Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @tmehok ,

TouchGFX examples and demos are based on the simulator, therefore, they do not contain the STM32CubeMX project and the other IDE projects.

If you want to combine one of the demos or examples with a specific board setup, you can select the GUI first, and then select the TouchGFX Board Setup (TBS) that you want to use.

Selecting the desired demo/exampleSelecting the desired demo/example

Selecting the desired TBSSelecting the desired TBS

If you are using a custom board, you need to open your TouchGFX project, select Edit -> Import -> GUI and then either select a demo or an example you want, or use Browse to select a custom project

Importing GUIImporting GUI

I hope this helps you. Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX