cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Korean text displayed in the canvas area and the simulator area are displayed differently.

Flasas
Associate

Hi, I am a Korean developer.

So, I use Korean to mark the text.

But there's a little problem.

First, after organize the UI on the canvas,

When I run the simulation, the position of the Korean characters(Text Area) does not exactly match the position I set, or the font looks a little different.

Even if I use other Korean fonts, this phenomenon occurs.

How can I solve this problem?

• Used Fonts: Noto Sans KR

0693W00000aIziOQAS.png0693W00000aIziTQAS.png

3 REPLIES 3
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Flasas,

That's strange indeed, I will investigate on that, thanks for reporting this.

As a workaround I can suggest you to use the setBaseline() function to make sure the position of your text is exactly where you want. Concerning the font look, I have no idea, it looks like it the same font but a different style:

0693W00000aJ3VYQA0.png 

You can try another style and select the one you prefer for your text on simulator and not on the canvas. But I agree it's not optimal to have something on the canvas which is not the same as when you run on simulator.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thank you.

I hope this problem will be solved through an update later.

If there's any plan to be revised, please reply later.=)

Hi @Osman SOYKURT​ , Hi @Flasas​ 

"That's strange indeed"

Interesting, I thought that these slight difefrences are expected.

My explanation was that GFX in Designer mode(canvas) and GFX in Simulator mode (SDL framework) use different painters.

Here are two screens for comparison from my app:

Canvas:

0693W00000aJ8nDQAS.pngSimulation:

0693W00000aJ8SwQAK.png 

Also, in GFX:Tetxts it is possible to use languages/glyphs which are not available in "Src\assets\fonts\" because they are fetched by GFX from Windows OS. And only when simulation runs those previously recognised glyphs are replaced by 'fallback characters' - because missing in "Src\assets\fonts\".

What do you think ?