cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing TouchGFX images in SD Card

NKieg.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I am successfully developing a project on an STM32F469I-Disco. The chip is starting to lack space so I am looking into storing TouchGFX images on an SD Card. I am almost successfully using my SD Card to write and read data. I also check this link: https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/scenarios/using-non-memory-mapped-flash

What I don't understand is the "In this example we will put the image data in the ExtFlashSection at address 0x24000000". In the datasheet of the STM32F746, this memory is mapped as reserved, can we still use it?

If I want to use 4Gb of space, which address can I use?

Also, to have the .bin file I have to put on my SD Card I have to execute

arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe --dump-section ExtFlashSection=images.bin TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf

Where and how should I execute that?

Thank you a lot everyone !

Nicolas Kieger.

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Concerning the STM32F746 and the reserved memory I believe this can be changed in the STM32CubeMX project.

For which address you can use well that depends on you and how you set it in the linker file.

For the command you can use the TouchGFX Environment (just type environment in the search tab of your computer).

/Romain

Hi Romain, thank you for your answer. The address has nothing to do with how the actual memory is divided?

I found how to use the command and successfully created the .bin file.