Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 + ILI9341 16 bit + STemWin

Silas Valera
Senior
Posted on May 02, 2017 at 03:36

Hello,

I had this previous set up of STM32F4 + ILI9341 8 bit interface + STemWin - but that did not work for me after trying out for sometime (ref : 

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkY1ISAV

) 

Since actually I want my final project on L4 due to its low power feature, I thought let me use that and make that set up work with STemWin. So now I have Nucleo-L476RG + TFT LCD display with ILI9341. I am actually using GPIOB port as 16bit parallel port to write to display and other port pins for controls (WR, RD, CS, RST, RS). This set up works perfectly fine - I can fill the screen with colors.

Now to use STemWin - I moved these base functions to LCDConf.c - I have attached copy with this. Along with other files included into my project and with CRC enabled, after building and running the project, nothing shows up on the screen. Single stepping in debug mode, I found that when calling GUI_Init() it goes through functions LCD_X_Config(), LCD_X_DisplayDriver() and also does LCDInit(), but then it gets lost..  Anyone facing similar issue? I really need to get this setup working - any suggestion or pointer will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance..

Silas

#16-bit-parallel-mode #stml4 #ili9341 #stemwin
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on May 10, 2017 at 00:56

Hi 

I have the basic GUI screen integrated into the project and looks good:)  I have attached the pic with this. 

The screens load like a flash! And this is running @24Mhz clock! And the current at that clock speed is 7mA !!!! And this is STM32F4 - this can still be better if I shut-down the peripharals that are not in use. 

Further, I plan to use STM32L4 for which I expect the current to be even lower to about 4mA !! 

Anyone has any experience on how to put the STM32L4 to lowest power consumption in RUN mode? 

Thanks all for your help

Silas

0690X00000603pQQAQ.jpg
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 23:08

Hi Silas, how are you? I should use a 2.8' tft with ili9341 8-bit parallel controller with STemWIN toolchain. I'm seeing that you found a way to use this kind of controller, could you give me advices about? I have a STM32F4 Discovery with a STM32F407VG, what are the electrical connection in your case? Could you give me a small piece of code to move my first steps?

Thank you

Marco

Posted on July 24, 2017 at 00:15

Hi Marco, 

sorry could not get back to you earlier 

:(

I had first tried with 8 bit parallel interface for ILI9341 with STM32F4 using FSMC, I could make it work with custom functions to fill up screen with colors / lines / etc. But could not actually make the set up to work using STemWin library for graphics.

And then I moved on to change the setup to use 16 bit interface and using FSMC. And that did work after some struggle. I then redesigned my custom board with STM32L476 along with other hardware features.  

For 8bit parallel interface using STM32F4: you can first start with STM32CubeMX utility, choose the STM32 device that you are using, select required ports/function, in your case use the FSMC 8 bit, and other hardware select ports like NE1, and when you select 8 bit for data, corresponding pins on the device diagram will show up as green, and following those pins you need to make wire connections from DISCO board to the LCD screen. Then you can first write your custom functions to fill the screen with colors, and then incorporating the STemWin library.

Hope the above steps would help..

Happy coding! 

Silas