cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use STEMWN with X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 (no TouchGFX)

ABatt.1
Senior

Hi to all,

I want to use STEMWIN with ILI9341 (Parallel and SPI interface).

My goal is to use STM32F103RCT, with ILI9341 parallel interface.

But at this moment I have a NUCLEO-F401RE and X-NUCLEO_GFX01M1 ( ILI9341 spi interface).

GFX01M1 declare that is compatible with NUCLEO-F401RE, but CubeMX say that X-CUBE-DISPLAY cannot be used with thic MCU... It would be nice to clarify what is being stated.

Anyway, I configure CubeMX with pin in/out of GFX01M1.

The problem is that I don't find any example on how to configure LCDconf.c and how to use STEMwin with GFX01M1.

There is some implementation of STEMWIN with GFX01M1 that I can study ?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @ABatt.1​ ,

Please excuse the somewhat late reply and thank you for having reported.

As stated in X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 User Manual, the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 expansion board for STM32 Nucleo is compatible with the NUCLEO-F401RE board.

The X-CUBE-DISPLAY Expansion Package supports the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 expansion board, offering the needed drivers as well as simple examples. 

Backing to X-CUBE-DISPLAY Data brief, the X-CUBE-DISPLAY STM32Cube Expansion Package supports the QVGA X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 STM32 Nucleo expansion board combined with the NUCLEO-G071RB STM32 Nucleo development board.

0693W00000CzkuUQAR.pngCurrently the X-CUBE-DISPLAY STM32Cube Expansion Package includes an STM32CubeMX configuration project for only NUCLEO-G071RB with a simple “hello world�? application. It does not cover all other Nucleo boards compatible with X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1. Hence, it is greyed out for other supported STM32 Nucleo boards and cannot be enabled through STM32CubeMX interface > Software Packs Component Selector window:

0693W00000CzkuZQAR.jpgNevertheless, for other compatible boards, you can mimic the generated STM32CubeMX project using NUCLEO-G071RB and X-CUBE-DISPLAY expansion package and adapt the code accordingly.

Otherwise, concerning how to use STEMwin, you can refer to Getting started with STemWin Library Application Note.

Hoping that this will help you.

Khouloud.