cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-DISCO

StefanoL
Associate III

Hi, I'm working on STM32F746G-DISCO.

Kindly can someone tell me if it is normal that after making some project screens on TouchGFX and launching the SIMULATOR, everything is ok. I open the project with CubeIde and add some code from the IDE and transfer it to STM32F746G-DISCO it continues to work, if I try to simulate it with the TouchGFX SIMULATOR I can no longer make it work and it gives me errors right in the lines of code I have added. Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

no, I included this in the ".cpp" file 

Hello @StefanoL ,

Ok I think I understand your issue. The makefile that TouchGFX Designer uses is independent from STM32CubeIDE.

So I think what you need to do is to include the path to the new libraries you added to your makefiles; there is 2 makefiles used by TouchGFX 

- under your project, in the gcc folder    (used to run to the target directly from TouchGFX Designer)

- in \TouchGFX\simulator\gcc folder     (used for the simulator)

Verify these 2 files, especially the "include paths".

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thanks, I'll go check it out. What I don't understand is why to work now I have to open two projects otherwise I won't be able to compile (green arrow) my work. IDE (blue arrow) if I remember correctly was inside STM32CubeIDE (red arrow). The problem is that if I redo the installation of the CubeIDE program I return to the same condition......maybe I have to go to some properties and fix some paths?

Hello @StefanoL ,

When you generate code on STM32CubeMX, do you have the "Generate Under Root" checkbox unchecked?

OsmanSOYKURT_0-1710415310892.png

Osman SOYKURT

I don't remember... I'll check. Tell me if I'm wrong, I make the graphics with TouchGFX, then I open CubeIde and add the code, from CubeIde I launch CubeMX, configure the uP and generate the code. If I reopen my project with TouchGFX and launch the simulator should it work without problems? If not, do I need to check the file paths? 

Hello @StefanoL ,

Yes the normal process is :
1- Create your UI with TouchGFX and generate code (F4)
2- Open the .ioc file with STM32CubeMX and configure your hardware
3- Generate code on STM32CubeMX for the toolchain you want (STM32CubeIDE)
4- Go back to TouchGFX and generate code again (F4)
5- Open your .project file with STM32CubeIDE and compile code.

If you use other files from a library you need to include them in the makefiles so of course you need to check the included paths.

Osman SOYKURT