cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746 LTDC USAGE WITH LVDS DISPLAY

SMour.2
Associate III

Hi,

I have been using STM32F746 with TFT's of Medium Sizes up to 4.3" having RGB Interface on my custom boards. Now I want to Interface Large Display like 12.1" or 15". I know I need a RGB -LVDS Converter Chip , But I want to know How to use LTDC with LVDS Display Datasheet. Attached is a datasheet of Winstar 12.1" Display Module. I'm not able to understand the horizontal & vertical back, front porch values from the datasheet.

kindly help me with this.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen GH
ST Employee

Hello @SMour.2​ ,

I recommend you to have a look to Application note AN4861 available on our Website

This application note describes the LCD-TFT display controller of the STM32 and demonstrates how to use and configure the LTDC peripheral.

Imen

Hi Imen,

I'm aware of LTDC and have been using it with RGB interface Displays. I want to know how to use LVDS Display which is operated only in DE Mode and HSYNC VSYNC input signals can be set to Low Levels. Does That Mean I don't need Horizontal & Vertical back, front porch values and can set them to 0? The Display datasheet says "Since this assembly is operated in DE only mode, Hsync and Vsync input signals should be set to low logic level. Otherwise, this assembly would operate abnormally."