cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX does not have a board model for the STM32F429i-DISC1. Are the pinouts for the DISC1 the same as the DISC?

SGill.3
Associate II

I know that the touch screen is reversed in one direction from the Disc to the Disc1. Are there any other differences? I want to use a couple of I/O pins for a project and need to know which ones are available.

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @SGill.3​ to the community!

the STM32F429I-DISC1 is almost identical to the STM32F429I-DISCO, except:

• on STM32F429I-DISCO (obsolete)
    • SB11, 15 (RX,TX) = OFF, so so VCP (Virtual COM Port) is disabled by default
    • U2 (ST-LINK/V2) = STM32F103C8T6 (64K Flash)
  • on STM32F429I-DISC1:
    • SB11, 15 (RX,TX) = ON, so so VCP is enabled by default
    • U2 (ST-LINK/V2-B) = STM32F103CBT6 (128K Flash)

From TouchGFX's point of view, both boards are otherwise identical.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Peter BENSCH​ ,

> From TouchGFX's point of view, both boards are otherwise identical.

No, they are not - as @SGill.3​ said, the touchscreen is mirrored in the longer axis.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000001NTvzSAG/detail?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&t=1643412206102&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050X000007vsKk&emtm=1643407322266&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

If you have both versions at hand, you can try the simple "doodle" program I gave link to in that thread; and also the test program generated by TouchGFX, posted by Raymond in the parallel thread https://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/need-hex-file-to-test-touch-screen-on-stm32f429-discovery-board/ (where dmendesf confirmed the flip).

JW

SGill.3
Associate II

The information about the pins is what I was looking for.

I have asked before if there was someway to flip the touch screen in the software, but did not get a good answer.

SG

@Community member​

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I don't have the new version at hand, so I can't check or confirm this directly. As soon as I have one, I'll be happy to do so.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Apparently, TouchGFX crew have the new version and build for that, so you should see the "mirroring" effect on the old version - just for the fun of it, you can try one of the firmwares posted by Raymond on eevblog.

Jan

#TouchGFX​