cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeIde data mismatch

lpado.1
Associate

Hello,

I am trying work with the demo of touchgfx designer with my stm32g071rb and the x-nucleo-gfx01m2.

The example project works fine if I flash it via TouchGFX designer.

When I import it in stm32cubeide, after setting up the external loader found in the touchgfx directory, i get the following error:

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [0 34]
Erasing memory corresponding to segment 1:
Erasing external memory sector 0
Download in Progress:

File download complete
Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:02.135

Verifying ...

Error: Data mismatch found at address  0x90000000 (byte = 0x00 instead of 0xD2)

Error: Download verification failed

Shutting down...
Exit.

I've also tried to use the stm32programmer but i get the same error.

How can i fix this? this is the example project i think it should work without all of these issues

8 REPLIES 8
wired
Senior III

So you have MX25L6433F_GFX01M2_STM32G0.stldr available selected in your Launch Configuration's Debugger tab? I don't even see it in my list when I do a Scan, and I have all latest tools installed.

wired
Senior III

I manually added the file to the STM32CubeIDE plugins folder where all the others are located, and now it shows up in the scan. Unfortunately, I don't have that board to try it here. If you've done this and it still doesn't work, I would contact ST support. There have been instances where the expected loader file did not work, and they suggested another.

The additional loaders should be in the X-CUBE-GFX package, these need to be moved into the related STM32CubeProgrammer bin\ExternalLoader directory.

Some of the original .STLDR releases had truncated StorageInfo structures, which I think made them incompatible, or unlisted.

On the Nucleo-64 boards one will need to be cognizant of which pins are used for the SPI connection to the memory, and any solder-bridge and options on the video board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Ah, thanks.

This was the thread

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001PXOc3SAH/failed-to-list-external-loader

Thing to watch on GFX01M1 vs M2 is I think they added additional connectivity options to support a broader range of NUCLEO-64 boards, and perhaps a different screen module

@Karim BEN BELGACEM​ @mattias norlander​ 

Thanks for the report!

@lpado.1​, can you please confirm which version of the X-CUBE-DISPLAY package where the the issue was found? In the latest version available online (2.2.0) there were several fixes made. But the documentation does not explicitly mention for which shields...

We submitted an internal ticket for a fix. Internal reference: 134682

Hi @lpado.1​,

Please use latest X-CUBE-DISPLAY release 2.2.0 which contain fixed External loaders for all supported boards including your setup G0+GFX01M2.

It is the same flash memory MX25L6433F used for both GFX01M1 and GFX01M2 shields so the same MX25L6433F_GFX01M2_STM32G0.stldr can be used for both shields.

Please note that the new release 2.2.0 does already include STM32CubeIDE Debug launch configurations for all Projects in the pack. I hope that will help you to make sure that the new external loaders are supported properly.

Please use external loaders from X-CUBE-DISPLAY until you get the TouchGFX TBS updated.

Best Regards,

Karim