Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STemWin issues during linkage?

Joachim SUSS_O
Associate
Posted on July 27, 2017 at 09:49

Hi STM32 community

I'm tring to use STemWin in my project. I use IDE eclipse running on windows.I've created a project with STM32cubeMX V1.0 version 4.22 (STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0 firmware ).

After generating the project in C the compilation is OK.

When I test the example helloworld it's work. The library is OK. Perhaps something wrong in the initialisation?

I've added STemWin library and when I use GUI_Init() during the link I've the following error:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -L'C:\Users\joachim suss\Tableau_de_bord\Tableau_de_bord\STemWin_Lib' -specs=nosys.specs -specs=nano.specs -T'../STM32F746NGHx_FLASH.ld' -Wl,-Map=output.map -Wl,--gc-sections -o 'Tableau_de_bord.elf' @'objects.list' -l:STemWin532_CM7_GCC.a -lm

C:\Users\joachim suss\Tableau_de_bord\Tableau_de_bord\STemWin_Lib/STemWin532_CM7_GCC.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI__Config':

GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0xc): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Config'

GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0x10): undefined reference to `LCD_X_Config'

C:\Users\joachim suss\Tableau_de_bord\Tableau_de_bord\STemWin_Lib/STemWin532_CM7_GCC.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI_Init':

GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI_Init+0x34): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Init'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [Tableau_de_bord.elf] Error 1

Who have an idea about it?

Thank's for your help!

Joachim

#stemwin
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on July 28, 2017 at 00:47

I have never used STemWin and I don't intend to, but a quick googling yielded AN4323 and from that I guess that said GUI_X_Config() and LCD_X_Config() are functions which supposed to be supplied by you:

3.1.1  GUIConf_stm32xxx_eval.c

In this file, the user should implement the GUI_X_Config() function which is the very first

routine called during the initialization process. Its main task is to set up the available

memory for the GUI and to then assign it to the dynamic memory management system

etc.

I'd review the available literature/manuals for STemWin, and the example projects.

JW

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 08, 2017 at 11:59

Hello

suss.joachim

I havetested the example with Keil (v5.23) and SW4STM32 (version 1.15) and I'm not able to reproduce this error!

Maybe you do not add the necessary libraries to use STemwin !

Have a look to the readme.txt file and proceeded like described in this file.

Also, try to updateyour EclipseAC6 plugin as well to avoid any error regarding this tool.

Kind Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen