Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STemWin Execute Button

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hello,

I have been experiencing the following issue when working with CubeMX :

#1. The EXECUTE button of the Graphics Middleware / STemWin Configuration panel does NOT open the GUI Builder, when it is clicked (activated). GUI Tool is enabled.

Here is the further information : CubeMX 5.0.1 + Atollic TrueStudio + F4_V1.23.0 located in C: disk.

How should I resolve this problem ?

I thank you in advance for your reply and with kind regards,

Su

8 REPLIES 8
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi @Sue.Jay​ 

Could you please attach your ioc it will be helpful to get the root cause of the issue

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hi Nawres,

I thank you very much for your reply.

So, please find the ioc file on the attached document here.

I have got further information about this issues :

#1. The issues happen as well when working with Atollic TrueStudio, on the same professional Windows 10 PC.

#2. I have been working successfully with CubeMX 5.0.1 + Atollic TrueStudio and SW4STM32 + F4_V1.23.0 with my private Windows 10 laptop at home.

So for me, it is not obvious for what reason the GUI Builder is somehow "not linked" to CubeMX.

I thank you in advance for your support and with kind regards,

Sue

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Sue.Jay​ 

In order to activate the EXECUTE button of the Graphics Middleware / STemWin panel, it is necessary to generate the initialization code and after the button EXECUTE becomes active by clicking on it (enabled) the GUI generator normally opens.

Best Regards,

Wael.

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hi Wael,

I thank you for your reply.

So, I have done the procedure as you have suggested, and here is the result :

#1. Open CubeMX, click generate code, open Graphics middleware, then click 'Execute' button. The button responds but GUI Builder is NOT opened. However, the FramewinDLG or WindowDLG c file is created, but placed in the Segger software folder (instead of STemWin target app). This happens with my professional desktop (Windows 10).

#2. As further information, everything works fine with my private laptop (Windows 10 as well).

I thank you in advance for your technical support and with kind regards,

Sue

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Sue.Jay​ 

Can you please give me your log file to be able to see if there is an opening exception.

Best Regards,

Wael.

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hi Wael,

I have a close look on the files of my project, and I am not sure which file you would like to receive (name, type, extension).

However, I have already enclosed an ioc file on my previous answer (my reply to Nawres).

Your further precision on this would be very much appreciated.

With kind regards,

Sue

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Sue.Jay​ 

After having activated all the devices related to TouchGFX and once you have generated the code, are you sure of the path to executable ToucheGFXdesigner?

Best Regards,

Wael

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hi Wael,

Indeed, I use GUI Builder and STemWin to work with the graphics. So, I do not work with TouchGFX.

I can not give you 100% positive reply on your question. However, my personal laptop does not produce this issues as my professional desktop. Also, I have to check and delete some files MANUALLY when using my professional PC, so that my project can build and debug successfully.

I have tried to uninstall CubeMX in my attempts to resolve the issues, but CubeMX has not wanted to....

With kind regards,

Sue