cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since 4.20 I get a lot of TouchGFX Designer crashes

t.decker
Senior II

I'm working with the up-to-date 4.21.1, but since 4.20 I get a lot of application errors while using the TouchGFX Designer. Happens really often while copy & pasting some elments. To be precise: while pasting TGFX objects like a text or an image. Then I have to restart the designer and I can continue (do the copy&paste without error) to work on my project.

I'm reporting this here as suggested by the error message.

Also, I can not reorder texts in the main list, but sometimes in the left group tree.

0693W00000YAg1qQAD.png0693W00000YAfv4QAD.png

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.
5 REPLIES 5
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @t.decker​,

Thanks for reporting that, I'll let my colleagues know.

Could you also please share your project, so I can share it with them?

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
t.decker
Senior II

Hi Yoann,

how can I share my project with you? It is a customer design, so I'm not allowed to release it to the public. Also, do you only need the *touchgfx file or the complete folder structure?

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @t.decker​,

Just send me the whole project in a private message. if you really cannot, I guess it is okay if you just send me the .touchgfx file.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
t.decker
Senior II

Hi @Yoann KLEIN ,

the described problems seem to be solved in 4.22. I can edit my design without any problems.
Edit: No, wrong - just had an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Happens mostly when duplicating a Screen or a Container and editing the duplicated Screen/Container without saving or generating the project.

But now something weird is going on during the generation of code. At first the Designer window freezes for like 5 or 10 seconds. After that it starts with console output showing the process. When I give the window focus to another application (web browser or whatever) or minimize the Designer window during generation it just silently dies and closes without finishing its job.

The log file shows (see complete log attached):

2023-07-05 13:13:07,552 [.NET ThreadPool Worker] ERROR TouchGFXDesigner.App: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TouchGFXDesigner.Communications.NewsManagerViewModel.SwitchCurrentCard(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire(Boolean isThreadPool)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()

When I watch Designer doing its job, most of the time it completes successfully.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

same issue here